xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Gtalk Forums Draining With Spam

I recently visited Gtalk (YEs. tHat tiny compact little IM from Google which has not got any real updates for more than 2 years now...) official discussion forum (link below) for some help. Was surprised to see that it is drowning with SPAM and no action has been taken for ages. I am worried to see, the state of "support" for a product by a company like Google.

It tells that the employees will provide some support from time to time, but mostly it is community driven. Though it is community driven, there will be moderators in many cases, who will make sure that the service is not being exploited and the users are in line with the policies. But its not the case with the Gtalk forum which is completely drowning in SPAM of different kinds.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en%23!forum/talk

I have sent a tip to Techcrunch (ya, the same old famous tech blog by Michael Arrington :P) to see if they can make a post on it and take it to the mainstream media to get some attention.

No sensible discussion has happened for long, which can be attributed to the release of updates, and after that its SPAM all the way. This is fine with any other small company, but not with Google. The worst part is that these spams are creeping into search results too which is very annoying and Google should definitely care about this.

This are good news, but hardly a freebie of any kind, and to me is good to know, i have been using google talk but lately, i have been thinking to use pidgin as my ultimate multi instant messenger.

This are good news, but hardly a freebie of any kind, and to me is good to know, i have been using google talk but lately, i have been thinking to use pidgin as my ultimate multi instant messenger.

Ya. I know. Pidgin is too good. I have been using it for quite sometime now. Its very simple and has all the required plugins to get your things done.
The greatest advantage being able to sign into all your accounts at once and see all your friends... :P

But I was using it a year back and not very sure how much it has improved in features... Stability wise it is very very stable and I did not find any issues on that department. Though I have a small concern, like it clubs all the names/ buddies in your list, instead of categorizing it under the account in which you signed in. Sometimes it makes sense to separately have your office and personal contacts... So, Pidgin has to do some changes in that department... that being said, I am yet to become loyal to Pidgin. As of now, I am trying out different stuff and stick to browser based IM's (You know which application I am talking about...) B).