xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Can I Get Any Trial Version Of Mac Os For My Intel Processor

I heard from the websites and friends that Macintosh Operating System is a powerful Operating System from Apple Corporation which having high performance.I would like to evaluate this operating system..Any Chance to get a single evaluation copy as free of cost.Also Reply why Macintosh Operating System didnot slow down when we work bigger application like .Net or AUTOCAD etc.?What is the Technology behing to that Operating System.

I heard from the websites and friends that Macintosh Operating System is a powerful Operating System from Apple Corporation which having high performance.I would like to evaluate this operating system..

Any Chance to get a single evaluation copy as free of cost.

Also Reply why Macintosh Operating System didnot slow down when we work bigger application like .Net or AUTOCAD etc.?

What is the Technology behing to that Operating System.

Let me start.

Mac OSX is an operating system made by apple for Apple computers. It has NeXTstep as its base. NeXTstep is based on free bsd. However Mac OSX follows a modular design so it is not completely open source, only the kernel and various utilities. Their open source repository is located at this address https://developer.apple.com/opensource/index.html . The kernel and the various utilities make up the OS Darwin which will run on any computer. However Mac OSX only runs on Macs. Mac OSX Follows a layered design.

Here is a picture. Posted Image

You can read more about that at this address http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ .

Their is also a hardware extraction layer in between the Media layer and darwin. This is mostly for communication with the hardware and firmware of the various parts of apple computers. It is considered a very powerful consumer os because of its darwin base which makes it more powerfull and secure then windows. All Unix Operating systems follow a model of mild sandboxing and Strict permissions.

Read about Sandboxing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_(computer_security)

Read about Permissions http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Their is no way that you can get an evaluation copy legally and if you bought it, it would only run on an Apple Mac. You can buy them at http://www.apple.com/ .

.Net does not work on Mac OSX or Linux. .Net is a proprietary programming language only used for windows. Needless to say most apps are not written in .Net. However you may be thinking of XCode, the Software Development Kit that comes with every mac (on the 2nd restore CD). It can make windows and linux apps with a plugin. Also autocad does not run on a mac however its competitors do. However I am not an architect so can not compare them.

(dev speak)

Apps that are ported from other OS's generally run slower on Mac OSX than native apps. Ill explain that in a little bit. So, Macintosh Native Apps or Cocoa apps are usually written in Objective-C which is basically C++ with object oriented programing using cocoa frameworks. Apps ported are called Carbon Apps, they are usually based on C++ and dont use the cocoa frameworks. Carbon apps will run in either X11 (for linux ported apps) or in aqua the default Mac OSX windows manager (Windows ported apps, Mac OS Classic Ported Apps). Carbon apps will not run faster or more efficient than their other os counter parts on similar hardware. 3d intensive Carbon apps will even run worse. However if they are rewritten for Cocoa they will run faster and be more elegant for the user. The reason being that Cocoa apps are 64 bit compatible, have much more api's, and support Quartz. An example of this on the windows side would be Directx, however this is only used for composition. Quartz makes it easier for the developer and more efficient for the end user. you can read about this in this link... https://developer.apple.com/macos/ . However this resource is a little out of date and does not feature core animation which you can read a little about here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Animation .

I could go into much more explicit detail but it would take many pages. If you are still curious about what runs mac osx, I would suggest registering for a free dev account (or use an itunes id) from apple and read that resource. hope this is helpful.

Random Truth, lol, I think he was looking for an easier explaination, i'll just add my reply anyway.I will refer to the topic sentence. First of all it's against Macintosh's licensing to install the Mac OS on anything bar the Apple Computer. It is possible to install on a computer with Intel processor but don't try cause it is illegal and you can be found out. Also Mac OSX is not available as a trial version or available for free in any form. Sorry for the bad news. May I suggest going to a reseller to use the Mac's there if you want to check the Mac's OS's features. :P

Thank You Random Truth and Cicala for your Explanation about Mac OS..The information that posted by random truth are understandable..Another doubt iswhich file system is using in MAC Operating System..?whether it support exe files?

which file system is using in MAC Operating System..?

That would be the Hierarchical File System. I came across it when browsing through the Ubuntu repository.

whether it support exe files?

It can't execute EXE files, you'll need a program like Wine or Bootcamp (if that is what it is called) for that.

.Net does not work on Mac OSX or Linux. .Net is a proprietary programming language only used for windows.

You may want to look at Mono then. Seems pretty popular and appears to support enough to actually make people want to use it.

That would be the Hierarchical File System. I came across it when browsing through the Ubuntu repository.

It now uses hfs+ which the difference would be like fat32 to NTFS, or ext2 to ext3.

It can't execute EXE files, you'll need a program like Wine or Bootcamp (if that is what it is called) for that.

Boot-camp is basically a bootloader with bios emulation. Its to boot windows on a mac.
Now, I would not suggest switching to Mac OSX unless any of the following is true.
-Your a Designer
-Want to try something new
-Want to learn something new
-Or windows is making you angry.

Now, I would not suggest switching to Mac OSX unless any of the following is true.-Your a Designer
-Want to try something new
-Want to learn something new
-Or windows is making you angry.

You should also add: And if you have the money to afford an Apple computer.

Personally, with the kind of prices they dish out, i could build myself a dual-processor (not dual-core) computer that could support up to 64gigs of RAM with a very good graphics card with that kind of money—even if we were looking at the refurbished, Apple systems. Of course, this kind of computer may not be as compact as an Apple computer, having everything inside the monitor or what-have-you, but it would have a nice case bearing good air flow anyway.

You should also add: And if you have the money to afford an Apple computer.
Personally, with the kind of prices they dish out, i could build myself a dual-processor (not dual-core) computer that could support up to 64gigs of RAM with a very good graphics card with that kind of moneyeven if we were looking at the refurbished, Apple systems. Of course, this kind of computer may not be as compact as an Apple computer, having everything inside the monitor or what-have-you, but it would have a nice case bearing good air flow anyway.

I did not know any motherboard could support 64 gbs or ram right now. I know a few server mobo's can support 32 gbs.

I did not know any motherboard could support 64 gbs or ram right now. I know a few server mobo's can support 32 gbs.

There's a motherboard on Newegg that can support up to 128gigs of RAM. The layout of the motherboard is pretty interesting, as they manage to fit many things on it while maintaining its dual-processor support. But i don't think with today's RAM you'd be able to fully max out that motherboard. The price isn't that bad; i think the price was around $350 for the motherboard alone.