xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDisturbedOne

Affiliation How to do it the correct way

I have come across many people wishing to affiliate with my forum since I have put it up, and since then I have learned to affiliate the right way.A simple link swap can be beneficial. If the other link has traffic, and has potential, a link and banner swap would work. Make sure that the person links to your site in the same, if not better, way then you link. Always make sure that they are ok about where you put it, but if they put the link hidden away in a page never to be found, do the same. If they put the link in the footer of every page, do the same or a little worse if they are ok with it. You want to have a link swap, but you don't want to lose all your traffic!More than just a link swap. This can give your site an even greater boost. Let's say you run a website about cats. You could contact an online pet supply company that specializes in cats to see about affiliation. They could give you a certain percent of the profits from the traffic of your site. You could do a linkswap with them, or you could ask for a set amount of money for a permanent link on your site.(NOTE to mods. This is an exact copy of a post I made on the SMF community forums, under the name TheDisturbedOne.)