xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Need A Help Regarding Computer Courses Certification

Dear friends actually one of my dear friend is going to start an institute in the month of may 2009 which will be providing free computer courses for students from the lower income groups of the society. He is into the field of social services for the last many years and now he is going to add one more chapter into it and its IT education. But the problem here is the certification. Is there any institute or society who provides free certification on the basis of online exams or some thing like that will you people be able to help him with good intellectual suggestions. He is going to start the Computerised accounting and automation courses in the begining. Will he be able to provide his own certificates and for that is there a need for some registration or so. This institute is going to be started in India. Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

I would like to bump this as this is a point of interest for me also.Right off the top of my head, I can only think of A+, Microsoft certification, and... well, there was another notable one, but of course I forgot. I having a bit of tech-savviness recognize some certificates on a glance, but, using that statement, what would be good, FREE alternatives that are recognizable? I don't know of any personally, and I would think that you would have to actually have to pay to attend courses to EARN certificates in that fashion; otherwise, the field would possibly be inundated with that particular certification, and to me, having a well-known, hard-to-get certification would be a good thing, but I hear that even the A+ is something of child's play compared to what's out there.

I'm not sure if it's accessible everywhere but here in Mexico, in Culiacan city, there's a private institution called Avant Garde something like that... they provide certifications in graphic designing and programming. As I said I don't know how big is the institution and if its as well in your friend's country