xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Bizarre Thing

made a site. It's 95% done. It has some placeholder images and a little Lorem ipsum still - waiting for the rest of it from the client. The site uses PHP, CSS, no tables, no frames, Divs only. The CSS would validate except the customer opted for colored scrollbars. It is written to valid XHTML Transitional. I use NotePad.

What happpened:
It is being hosted on an Apache server I have. It was on this server all along, as it was being built (I also use Cute FTP). It ran really fast, even with a few heavy-ish graphics, and appeared to be an iFrames-type site, which is the effect what I was after. Well today I moved the site from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ No big deal, I'm hosting them as a subdomain and really just moved a bunch of files and the images folder from one part of the server to another, through their new FTP account. I've done it before and I doubt it's my last time.

The issue:
To me anyway, the site is now slow when being viewed on MSIE 6.0. It appears to page-transition like any other site, in an odd way as well it seems, re-loading the single-file header, linksset, footer, page and div backgrounds. This is not an issue at all when viewing the site in its new location with Moz-Firefox 1.0, Netscape 7.2, or Opera 8 Beta. Only on IE. It seems obvious that all the files are present and accounted for, since it does perform as expect the other browsers. Another acronym comes to mind... wtf?!