xisto Community
kleong

When You Dream That You Are Dreaming

Have you ever dream of yourself dreaming before? I had and the feeling is kinda weird when I woke up. It is harder to separate reality and dream especially if it is the things that happened in the "first" dream. When you "woke up" in your dream, you go about doing things. Then when you actually woke up in real person, you will thinking, ok, the things that i do in the first dream, is it dream or real? Cos of the "waking" up process.

Ah, when I read the title, I thought for a moment that you were referring to lucid dreaming, which is an interesting topic, but I have never experienced it. I have however, recently (for about the past 3 months), been extremely angry with my sub-conscious because of the terrible experience i have every time I dream. It throws stuff like this at me all the time, I've even come to occasionally questioning if I am really dreaming or not when I am awake in the early morning. It may be due to a lack of sleep but whenever I wake up now my subconscious still seems to want to control my thoughts; I am unable to think clearly, and I make the strangest logic in my head, and the pathetic part is it usually has to do about programming. For example I wake up and I tell myself that the variable move isn't assigned to true yet and therefore I cannot get up and go to work/school, which seems like a perfectly sensible and logical reason not to get up at that moment. And it is not until about a half an hour later that I actually realize how odd that thought really was...

print ("galexcd, I don't think that has so much to do with your dreams as it does with just being a programmer. It happens. Bits of code make it into your daily life, and then you start thinking more like a computer. It's only time to start worrying if you find yourself turning blue and spouting off hex numbers like a dreaded BSOD.")

Very often when you are not sure if the thing that is going around you is a reality or just a manifestation of your thoughts you tend to think that you are daydreaming. The actuality may not the the case however but you start to believe that what you feel and see around you is a dream. When things are too good to be true your rationality questions your trained knowledge and you are trapped in your cognitive thoughts.Very often we realize we are dreaming but in actuality we are not.And there are people with night waking desease when they actually dream that they are dreaming.

Can you tell me more about the night waking desease.The past few days. I haven't got much sleep. Not becouse i don't have time to sleep, but becouse i can't. One of my past dreams whas that i dreamed how i was dreaming, i'm sure that it was that way... I was very confused, i don't remember what i was dreaming in the first dream, but i'm 100% sure that i was dreaming something :P

What you need to do is find a sleep clinic near you. I'm actually in the middle of Tennessee, but within 20 minutes of two clinics.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the "night waking disease". Perhaps you mean insomnia. Anyway, I could give you a few tips that help most people (including me) fall asleep better every night:

Exercise daily. You would not believe how much this help. And I'm not just saying 20 push-ups in the morning, either. I'm talking 45 minutes of basketball, running a couple of miles, a good game or two of racquetball, or something else that'll have your heart pumping a little more than usual.

Eat less meat and more veggies/fruit. Meat takes FOREVER to digest, and makes it difficult to sleep. At least have your protein/fat in the morning or for lunch, as eating a light supper is also a good way to relieve your stomach so you can sleep better.

Drink lots of water. And less non-water liquids. Especially don't drink anything with caffeine. It seriously helps.

Get up earlier (7:00 a.m. or earlier--try for 6) and go to bed earlier (11:00 p.m. or earlier--try for 10 [i know, tall order]). It will take time to get used to it, but you will. Especially work on those hours before midnight, as it seems the hours at that time are better for your sleep than anything.

Anyway, I basically just rattled off a few things I've been told over and over by psychologists and nutritionists--the simple version. 'Tis the result of going to an Adventist university (Adventists are notoriously health-conscious).

Oh, something like that happened to me once. It was horrible. I was dreaming I was dead and I was at my funeral. Then later, I "woke up" and I was like "Oh my, thank god it was just a dream... " And I felt released. When I went out of my bedroom my coffin was in the living room!! It's the worst thing ever... Now I actually laugh because it sounds really stupid. Then I really wake up and for a second I didn''t want to go out of my bedroom, because I was affraid of finding my coffin again ... LOL...Dreams are just dreams, but if you are really worried or it cause a problem in your life (like you're too tired because you don't get a good quality of sleep), maybe it would be cool to see a doc...

yup! i dreamt i woke up before. i was a kid. when i dreampt i woke up, got out of bed, out my bedroom, through the living room and to my parents room where i went back to sleep under a desk. 2 minutes later, i realized i was still in my bed. i was fully conscious but couldn't move or wake up. eventually i went back to sleep even though i was never truely awake hahai've had weird dreams in the past. i have died in my dreams...this is when i float over my body and see myself dead. i think i woke up right after that.reaccuring dreams are strange. i think they are ones where we need to learn from in real life and will continue to have them until we do. the weirder reoccuring dreams are the ones where it's more like a story book and just continues and continues. it's never the same, but with the same people and atmosphere.

when i worked at nursing home ,yes i had night shift too ,creepy time to be working at a nursing home too ,one summer ,to help pay for books i needed for school and research ,there was this older gentleman that ,would always be talking in his sleep ,during the night ,it was like he was a busy man ,during the night ,inside his head .this man ,could not walk ,he was in a wheel chair and pushed around ,he held a stroke ,so his talking was ,limited too ,most the time ,he was bed ridden and poor soul ,didn't have many family visitors though .one night i was working and just doing my rounds of checking up on people ,only couple other girls worked that night ,although they held ,different hallways and rooms of people different than mine and we had once charge nurse on duty at night .I passed by this gentleman room and heard some one walking around and talking ,clear words ,and only heard one voice though .i quietly opened the door to his room and there was this man ,walking around and complaining he could not find his house slippers and even bent down ,to look under his bed and stood up with no difficulties .i helped him get back in his bed and covered him up as he kept asking for my name and finial when i turned away for brief moment ,he was fast asleep .the next morning before my shift ,was over ,the charge nurse came in ,to instruct bathing before i clocked out and brought in wheel chair and i told her oh no ,he can walk ,just ask him ,and the look i got from that charge nurse ,you think i slapped her ,that moment in time .She went on quietly complaining how she was so distressed out ,in hiring young people come in with their ,uppity and hatred of taking care of the old and how disrespectful we young people was against the older people ,that she would not tolerate me ,making jokes ,on their benefits and told me ,this gentleman was placed in nursing home ,after having a stroke and never seemed to walk after wards ,any day or time ,after that stroke ,and could not speak intelligent word ,to anyone ,to be understood and how that charge nurse ,was writing me up for my childish pranks and jokes .a course she wrote me up and i soon found another job after wards ,i will never forget what i saw .when he was asleep ,he walked as normal as i did or anyone did and talked complete words as clear as a bell ,although when he was awake ,he couldn't say one word except grumble and could not even have use of slightest movement of his limbs .so will never explain that one though .so do know ,there are people asleep ,and in some what like a dream ,they get out bed and walk around the house and perform every day duties and they are still asleep .you can talk with them and they answer you and they do not realize they are asleep as they ,look perfectly normal and awake ,although doctors testing ,and sleep ,disorders ,that hold testing done with all those wires and tubes ,placed on your head and they place you in quiet room to sleep and they monitor your sleep habits ,that ,people can walk around ,act as normal as being awake although asleep and sometimes what they can not do awake they can do asleep and ,then what ,they feel deeply inside their minds ,they perform ,when walking around asleep .can be dangerous in both episodes i feel . :)