xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cezve

Bjj, Judo And Other Grappling Arts

What do you guys think about grappling arts? Anyone practicing BJJ, Judo etc? I've recently got introduced to BJJ. And I'm totally hooked. If nothing else, it's a great workout. But also it demands some thinking to be done and attention to details. Although there are dangerous stuff like chokes, armbars, cranks etc included, it's quite safe to practice if you're careful. And after your first class you realize how clumsy you actually are. Like a fish out of the water. :)

I used to take a little BJJ in Maryland... but the commute to class was over 90 minutes 2x a week so I stopped going. But I'm avid fan. Judo is cool, though I haven't practiced it. You wanna see one of the best grapplers in the world? youtube Marcelo Garcia. the man is a beast. This guy takes world-class grapplersand dismantles them in under a minute. Notice how fast he takes people's backs... he's simply amazing.

True, Marcelo Garcia is a great grappler. I'm a big fan. It's really fun to watch him compete. Never a dull moment with him on the mat. Also I suggest checking out Damian Maia. He's a very technical grappler. And he also started doing MMA and doing very well so far.