xisto Community
longtimeago

The Admins/mods/programmers Of Trap17 where did you all actually meet up ??

Trap17 is moving on so well with a wonderful set of Admins, Moderators, Programmers etc. But the question still rings in my mind, where did these people actually meetup. I do understand that Mr.OpaQue is from India, but i wonder whether he is an IndianMoreover im sure that Mr.Alex , the programmer is from United states, Mr.BH is from some other place other than India. But Admins and Mods, can i please know where did you people actually met. Else let me atleast know how did you all come to know each other ?? Im aware that Mr.OpaQue is the Member number 1, so Mr.Opaque are the one man owner of Xisto ? Moreover im sure that Computing hosts/XISTO/Xisto all are under 1 roof, so if Mr.Opaque is the owner of Xisto, he must be the owner of Computing hosts and XISTO also nah ?

Correct about Opaque, as far as I am aware, he is the Sole Owner of the xisto group of companies and works hard to continue improving the compnies. Witness the recent changes.I am Canadian and fell into the Xisto on the recommendation of another member when the free host we were using went off the map. Mayank and I were acquainted via another Forum that was post to Host. When it failed, we came here.We found Saint_Michael in a Spamination machine and kept him for a Mascot. :)All the others have their own story to tell.

OpaQue is the founder of Xisto and all things that come under the Xisto umbrella. You can read more about some of the staff behind Xisto on Xisto's "About" page.

Personally, I'm from the UK. I found Xisto through searching the web, and picked here for the good quality, excellent reviews and lack of adverts on my site :) The community was also brilliant, and has continued to get better ever since.

well thankyou Mr.jlhaslip and Mr.rvalkass, can i also know how do you allocate and split up your time schedule. Being skilled in these areas such as programming and stuffs im sure you will be engaged with some other stuffs other than Xisto. But how come you manage your time ?? and one more question to Mr.jlhaslip and Mr.rvalkass, have you all met atleast once ?? Since every one who are involved in the administrative work of Xisto are from different parts of the world, i just wanna know whether have u people have some get together at times ?? Or once atleast have you met each other ??

EDIT : and moreover

Shridhar is the founder of Xisto Corporation

so Mr. Shridhar is Mr.OpaQue ?? Edited by nirmaldaniel (see edit history)

I find it interesting that I was mentioned even though I am not or have ever been an admin or mod and I haven't written a single line of code for Xisto. Just an ordinary member like anyone else.

I have never "met" another Xisto member except on-line. As for scheduling, I usually am on-line first thing in the morning and in the evening since I (usually) work during the day. Once in a while I am without a job, so I will be on-line more often during the day as well. Often I sign-on to the Trap, check for PM's, Reports, etc and handle them according to the need. Then I will leave the window open and go to another tab for other work or browsing, so I am signed-on, but unavailable for immediate assistance.Often I will leave the tab open for an hour or more without checking in to review things.

Interesting question, but I suspect that OpaQue has ever met with any mod or with BuffaloHelp as the only other admin in person. I guess that it's because everyone lives in such a distance so they can't meet without spending lots of money.

I find it interesting that I was mentioned even though I am not or have ever been an admin or mod and I haven't written a single line of code for Xisto. Just an ordinary member spammer like anyone else.

I fixed that for you.

well thankyou Mr.jlhaslip and Mr.rvalkass, can i also know how do you allocate and split up your time schedule. Being skilled in these areas such as programming and stuffs im sure you will be engaged with some other stuffs other than Xisto. But how come you manage your time ??

Nothing is specifically split up between the moderators. Being from all different parts of the world, we naturally end up with someone around most of the time due to the time zones. For example, when I'm asleep the moderators in the US are online.

As for how I specifically split my time up: generally I check in to Xisto in the morning, deal with any reports, PMs and interesting topics I spot. Then I go off to university and do my lectures. When they finish I check Xisto again and work on my fledgling web design enterprise. Whenever I have a spare moment, I'll take a look at what's going on here. Right now I'm on holiday from university, so I have a lot more free time to spend hanging around at Trap :)

and one more question to Mr.jlhaslip and Mr.rvalkass, have you all met atleast once ?? Since every one who are involved in the administrative work of Xisto are from different parts of the world, i just wanna know whether have u people have some get together at times ?? Or once atleast have you met each other ??

I've never (knowingly) met another member of Xisto in person. I don't think I even have a valid passport, so the only other staff member I could meet is electriic ink.

so Mr.rvalkass

Then I go off to university and do my lectures

so ur a professor ?? what subject do u handle and can i ask for which university you work in ?

Xisto is moving on so well with a wonderful set of Admins, Moderators, Programmers etc. But the question still rings in my mind, where did these people actually meetup. I do understand that Mr.OpaQue is from India, but i wonder whether he is an Indian
Moreover im sure that Mr.Alex , the programmer is from United states, Mr.BH is from some other place other than India. But Admins and Mods, can i please know where did you people actually met. Else let me atleast know how did you all come to know each other ??

Im aware that Mr.OpaQue is the Member number 1, so Mr.Opaque are the one man owner of Xisto ? Moreover im sure that Computing hosts/XISTO/Xisto all are under 1 roof, so if Mr.Opaque is the owner of Xisto, he must be the owner of Computing hosts and XISTO also nah ?

Well I was walking down the streets of a shady looking town and I happen to bump into this shady looking guy handing out candy to kids :D. Then he ask me if he wanted to see something that would make him happy...oh wait thats a different story **cries** :P. I just happen to find this website while I was in hte last few months of my tour in Iraq and the rest is pretty much history.

OpaQue is very much Indian I seen hte blackmail photos that I keep in a lock box, how do you think I earn so much here :D and yes OpaQue owns EVERYTHING Xisto related.

Correct about Opaque, as far as I am aware, he is the Sole Owner of the xisto group of companies and works hard to continue improving the compnies. Witness the recent changes.
I am Canadian and fell into the Xisto on the recommendation of another member when the free host we were using went off the map. Mayank and I were acquainted via another Forum that was post to Host. When it failed, we came here.

We found Saint_Michael in a Spamination machine and kept him for a Mascot. :D

All the others have their own story to tell.

Wait haslip was that shady looking guy :o, I somewhat remember about that website haslip, which one was it again?

OpaQue is the founder of Xisto and all things that come under the Xisto umbrella. You can read more about some of the staff behind Xisto on Xisto's "About" page.
Personally, I'm from the UK. I found Xisto through searching the web, and picked here for the good quality, excellent reviews and lack of adverts on my site :P The community was also brilliant, and has continued to get better ever since.

oh come now rvalkass you know you love forced advertisements on your site.

well thankyou Mr.jlhaslip and Mr.rvalkass, can i also know how do you allocate and split up your time schedule. Being skilled in these areas such as programming and stuffs im sure you will be engaged with some other stuffs other than Xisto. But how come you manage your time ?? and one more question to Mr.jlhaslip and Mr.rvalkass, have you all met atleast once ?? Since every one who are involved in the administrative work of Xisto are from different parts of the world, i just wanna know whether have u people have some get together at times ?? Or once atleast have you met each other ??
EDIT : and moreover so Mr. Shridhar is Mr.OpaQue ??

Well for me I come here when I get the chance, although I am spending less and less time though because of my schooling and somewhat working as well. As for meeting people, heck I might as well bump into a drug lord then the people on here :D, bunch of axe wielding maniacs here :) j/k.

I find it interesting that I was mentioned even though I am not or have ever been an admin or mod and I haven't written a single line of code for Xisto. Just an ordinary member like anyone else.

Well galexcd you have stuck out like a sore thumb in the programming forums and providing quality answers and stuff.

I have never "met" another Xisto member except on-line. As for scheduling, I usually am on-line first thing in the morning and in the evening since I (usually) work during the day. Once in a while I am without a job, so I will be on-line more often during the day as well. Often I sign-on to the Trap, check for PM's, Reports, etc and handle them according to the need. Then I will leave the window open and go to another tab for other work or browsing, so I am signed-on, but unavailable for immediate assistance.
Often I will leave the tab open for an hour or more without checking in to review things.

I used to spend every waking moment here for the last 4 years, but coming on to my 5th year I have gotten older and somewhat wiser and so sometimes I am lucky if I even post sometimes.

Interesting question, but I suspect that OpaQue has ever met with any mod or with BuffaloHelp as the only other admin in person. I guess that it's because everyone lives in such a distance so they can't meet without spending lots of money.

I fixed that for you.

Could hold a Trapicon and have everyone fly to India for the weekend, but I doubt the parents would want to pay $2000 for a ticket though. Plus haslip and rvalkass are shady characters and most likely would beat me up and steal my wallet :P.

Nothing is specifically split up between the moderators. Being from all different parts of the world, we naturally end up with someone around most of the time due to the time zones. For example, when I'm asleep the moderators in the US are online.
As for how I specifically split my time up: generally I check in to Xisto in the morning, deal with any reports, PMs and interesting topics I spot. Then I go off to university and do my lectures. When they finish I check Xisto again and work on my fledgling web design enterprise. Whenever I have a spare moment, I'll take a look at what's going on here. Right now I'm on holiday from university, so I have a lot more free time to spend hanging around at Trap :)

I've never (knowingly) met another member of Xisto in person. I don't think I even have a valid passport, so the only other staff member I could meet is electriic ink.

Well rvalkass when your asleep I am trying to find your location so I can steal your internet from a tree next to your place :D. But yeah its whoever is on at the moment that takes care of mod business and so I am lucky if I edit or move a topic/post around since its done by the time I log into this place.

so Mr.rvalkass so ur a professor ?? what subject do u handle and can i ask for which university you work in ?

If he's a professor then I am a international jewel thief :D.

If he's a professor then I am a international jewel thief

lol , sir why not you write a tutorial on how to be an international jewel thief ??? , and moreover wanna know are u really a Saint ?? or wanna be one ?

although I am spending less and less time though because of my schooling

So are you a skool kid :) ??

student studying for a Master's degree in Physics

So how to give a person a velocity greater than 11.2 km/s ?? :) is it possible to make a setup, so that i can have a chair and make people to sit on it and a velocity greater than 11.2 km/s must be given to the person who sits on that chair :P possible ???