xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
grex22

Hello People! trying to learn more

Hey people,I would like to introduce myself, I am well pretty newbie when it comes down to it but I will try to help people all I can nonetheless.Currently I am working to pursue a career in the programming field but am not sure what part of the fields to take.I know very little scripting but am pretty good at web code (HTML/X HTML Cascading Style Sheets (very little). i am currently studing perlbut... know little about it too but it gave me the base knowledge of loops and variables. What i really want to learn is PHP and interacting withmySQL.Now as you may have already guessed I'm a young guy at eighteen years old. I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge in the programminglanguage. I have already read the rules and will go over them again fairly soon at least before next post.also I have a few questions Is it ok if I use bad spelling? Im asking because I cant type very well and this took like 10 minutes to write because I was consistently checking it. :)Which programmer should I be is php and Java a good combo like for a mostly web programmer? Is collage a must??im a little nervous about being here in general(egg i spell-checked this just in case iit was necessary)help is much appreciated I hope I posted this right :S

Welcome to the forum grex22 Please make sure you read the Trap 17 readme for the forum rules and other bits about the forum, Then check out some my cents topics to understand how the new system works and how you can get a fantastic domain or hosting package for your company or personal website you would like to run.

Please carry on enjoying the forum in all its glory.

- Ash

Welcome to Xisto! You don't need to be so nervous. I just started a few days ago and I am enjoying it a lot. Just look for interesting topics and post about what you know. As for the spelling, it would be appreciated if you spelled correctly, but (and don't quote me on this) I don't think proper spelling is required. Good luck!

I just started today. No matter how young or old we will all be leraning and earning here. This will be a lot of fun and great expeience for everyone. Welcome to the site

Hey people,
I would like to introduce myself, I am well pretty newbie when it comes down to it but I will try to help people all I can nonetheless.
Currently I am working to pursue a career in the programming field but am not sure what part of the fields to take.
I know very little scripting but am pretty good at web code (HTML/X HTML Cascading Style Sheets (very little). i am currently studing perl
but... know little about it too but it gave me the base knowledge of loops and variables. What i really want to learn is PHP and interacting with
mySQL.

Now as you may have already guessed I'm a young guy at eighteen years old. I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge in the programming
language. I have already read the rules and will go over them again fairly soon at least before next post.

also I have a few questions Is it ok if I use bad spelling? Im asking because I cant type very well and this took like 10 minutes to write because I was consistently checking it. tongue.gif

Which programmer should I be is php and Java a good combo like for a mostly web programmer?

Is collage a must??
im a little nervous about being here in general(egg i spell-checked this just in case iit was necessary)
help is much appreciated I hope I posted this right :S

hey welcome!

you sound just like me, man! I am also doing PHP and MySQL and want to customise my sites and Open Source Code to my liking.

I hope we get there man and one thing i know is that persistence beats everything my man.

If we persevere, we'll know how...with or without college.

Later. Good luck to you.