xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
enderforce

Starcraft Species Terran, Protoss, or Zerg?

What is your favorite species in StarCraft and why?My favorite is the Protoss. I am best as the Protoss. I make tons of cannons. It can be hard to get past cannons. In BroodWar I love stealing other players' units.

I don't necessarily have a favorite. Back when i used to play StarCraft i would normally play the custom made maps, as i was never really good at real-time strategy. I would also make my own maps. I was mostly fond of maps like Special Forces, so i made myself a big, Special Forces map which may have introduced some new things, like music and the ability to purchase both Terran and Protoss—which i coined as "TerraToss"—units, and a concept of "shared money" where the computer unit that helps you out, all of its kills gets converted into money and that money gets spread throughout the force. Therefore, since new people would die quite quickly in my map before they even got a chance to explore the map (the map was a bit more difficult than other Special Forces map), they would eventually be able to purchase more units without having to quit and restart the game. Some people liked the map, others didn't (mostly due to early death). But StarCraft 2 is looking more interesting. The kind of maps you could build in StarCraft 2 i'm expecting to be insane.

Protoss is fun to play with, and I have a few friends who prefer to play that faction, but I always thought zerging was more fun, mostly because its a bit more unpredictable. But now all my friends counter my zergs :( . I'm really excited for Starcraft II though, I actually just reserved my copy yesterday.

I used to LOVE Starcraft. My all time favourite game. My first big computer game was Warcraft 2 (I had played other games like doom before that, but none that were as good as Warcraft) which has nothing to do with post but it makes me nostalgic! I played all the Starcraft "species". I think protoss were my favourite, mostly because of their slick futuristic look. Terran and Zerg were just as fun to play though. I couldn't choose a favourite. Starcraft really was an incredible game, it's one of the few games imo that actually have hugely different units and they all seem to fit together into one awesome game. And Starcraft II?!?!?! I had no idea there was a Starcraft II coming! Sweet Overlord! I waited for years for it and eventually just gave up caring. I'm excited now though, i'm going to need a new computer to run it on high quality / high res graphics!

Yeah, Warcraft II and III were great and fun to play, but there were some balance issues and certain units were way overpowered, although they fixed a bunch of that with patches. But sometimes I get lazy and I don't want to manage resources, so I go goof off in Tiberium Wars 'cause its so much easier XD