xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

:) Google Checkout :) Is this a rival for paypal

Google Checkout Vs Paypal  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So many of us are aware about google checkout, this is an service which helps people who go for online shopping, some thing similar to paypal. But now the question is, will google Checkout be more popular than paypal, or will paypal continue to have its popularity since it has been into existence for many years. If Google Checkout has to become popular like or even more than paypal what suggestion do you have ??

Paypal have members cause it offered convenience and nothing else. It is not trusted,it has more issues and flaws to settle even to qualify for word called trusted. Google checkout seems to be more friendlier towards US/UK market as of now. Those who will target Asia/Pacific are likely to get more customers. As of now alertpay is pitching lot of sales against paypal and now that paypal did this move by blaming indian government then sure alertpay or similar companies will cash in.Many indian business started to take money from the paypal alternatives now. In this week i guess paypal lost more money than they can imagine. I expect rise of google checkout and alertpay. And it is good for us than paypal in my opinion.

Still now i dont find that Google Checkout is not that famous. Though it has been more than a year it has been launched Google Checkout remains unknown to many people, i dont know the reason behind this. For instance just see, here in XISTO too we have, transfer funds to MyCents account from paypal, why not from Google Checkout ? Is it that no one accepts Google Checkout ? or is it something like every one is used to paypal and none wants to quit that ? none want to have a change ? Which means Google has to frame some other strategies to make people migrate from Paypal to Google checkout. I dont know what offer will attract the world, but i am sure that all Indians will migrate to it, if Google says , there will be a 10$ free cash on google checkout for every sign up. If this is announced every indian will go to Google Checkout, but the problem over here is every one will go creating multiple accounts in Google checkout ..lol

To add my two cents, I remember reading something about google alternative to Paypal, but only Today I see that Google checkout is working for over an year? I thought it never started..I guess it's not available in every country for it to be so popular as Paypal? Even I can't see lets say in google adsense a method to use Google checkout? can't see Paypal too, only western union and Google checks, which are really hard to chekout to real money in a my country bank and not even worth due to taxes I need to pay for my country, for my bank and for foreign banks :)If google checkout will continue to spread it's service, maybe then it will get more popular? :D