xisto Community
longtimeago

A Question Raised To All Admin

Mr.OpaQue and all other admins of Xisto , Can i please know how Xisto is sustaining in this period of recession. You pay all members of Xisto which is not an easy task. But how do you really make it up ?? I do notice that Xisto makes some money though this google ads etc.......but im sure that it is not sufficient.. moreover , how do you people run this community, what profit does it give you because of a this forum, im really confused. I do Apologize to all the Admins/Mods if i have asked something which i shoudnt ask. But out of Curiosity i raise this question , How does Xisto make its profit ? what does it gain in doing such a service ? Or is Xisto a social service for all the tech. people ??....anyway whatsoever be the answer , ....... Great work Trap !! Great Work ........

Hi Nirmal, We are paying members in terms of mYCENTs and this is valid only for purchases of our Services. This is not that expensive as it looks and hence we are able to sustain paying of members as well as giving a good and reliable service.The earning through Kontera ads are paid by Kontera and hence it does not affect our earnings through Google ads.

ok sir, but on the other hand i still have a doubt , just imagine a situation like this ... in a university there are 6300+ students, and i publish about Xisto to everybody, and over night everyone starts to express their ideas and they start posting in the forums. In such a case lets consider each one is able to make 1$ perday, so it simply runs to 6300$ perday. In the university all the students use this money and buy domains from you, and they sell it out side for the original price, in such a situation the students are able to run a small business ( im not sure whether this is legal or illegal but still this is a kind of business i suppose ). In such a case what will Xisto do ? track out that out all the 6300 accounts and suspend ? or keep paying 6300 dollars perday ? which runs upto 195300 perday .{So if such a situation arise, what will happen sir ?? }//Please note that out of curiosity im asking these things, and i do not have intention in offending Xisto. I do Apologise if im mistaken :)

Even though I haven't bought any domain from Xisto yet, but how is it possible that those assumed 6300+ students will resell the domains? I mean the person selling the domains will be the actual owner of the domain and so in this case who would buy a domain from the seller? Because even after getting the domain the buyer can't control his domain control panel, and has to contact the seller every time he needs to modify the domain settings. When a person is ready to pay the seller then he can instead get a complete control on domain by buying a cheap one from godaddy etc. May be the seller can earn some money by giving away them to his close relatives and friends where the other person can trust him very well. Although they too can get there own domain for free anyway.

Edited by Haricotcur (see edit history)

The more people that come here, the more money is made, plus Xisto i believe also is just part of all the other places, like Xisto - Domains, and quipis, that stuff, and I actually sometimes pay for my hosting with my money, instead of using mycents.

I mean the person selling the domains will be the actual owner of the domain and so in this case who would buy a domain from the seller?

it can be like , they are registrants for the actual person who wants to buy the domain. It is possible , i personally bought a domain from a guy and he had used his credict card and purchased the domain for me from godaddy.com , so this wont be a big problem i suppose. morever...

how is it possible that those assumed 6300+ students will resell the domains?

... i just took this situation as an example...

Think realistically, Not everyone mooches off of Xisto. Eventually at least one fourth of us will upgrade to better accounts and start paying for most of the services that we require. Mycents is too slow and time consuming to make up for the charges necessary for a nice hosted account. It is great for a freebie account of 2$ monthly, being if your the type who needs security; in the fact you can still arrange the cash needed to maintain your hosting. Also I find it doubtful that Xisto will have a random mass joining of 6000+ scammers. The administrator tools and filters they can use to find spammer accounts, and fakers in general can also minimize the arduous task of eliminating users who violate Xisto's user agreement as well. It is a well equipped webhosting company. So I do not think they are so understaffed that they cannot handle random events such as that.

Edited by chaos3932 (see edit history)