xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dolrich06

How Do I Reply To This Message With Formality? a request for job interview.

This is his reply to my application letter.

Dear Me,

We received your application for position of Software Developer and would like to thank you

for your interests in pursuing your career with #########.

I took a look at your web page ? it's interesting. Hope your wish to learn programming will bring you success.

We would like to invite you for an interview after your graduation. Send me please your

phone number I can reach you and set up the day and time of your visit in our company.

Or simply call us (see below attached phone numbers) and ask for me or for ####.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

[/color]

Would this reply be ok?

Dear Sir,

Thank you for going over my application.

I've graduated last march 13. My celphone number is ######, i can also be reach through my phone num (###) ###-####.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Me Me

Is there anything I need to add, I really need help.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions or any comments.

Edited by dolrich06 (see edit history)

I think that your reply is fine the way it is. Its not unnecessarily long, and it addresses everything that needs to be addressed (as far as I know).

Just fix " i can also be reach through my phone num (###) ###-####." with I can also be reached through my phone number (###) ###-####. Because your language shouldn't contain any errors on a letter of application..

I will reword your reply to his letter to be more formal (as I've studied in school one month ago) so use it if you want to :D

Dear Sir,
Thank you for going over my application.

I have graduated last March the 13th. If you want to contact me, my cell phone number is ###### and I can also be reached through my other phone number (###) ###-####.

I am looking forward to hear from you,

Sincerely,

Dolrich Fortich

I would advise against using phrasing like "If you want to contact ..." because it shows lack of confidence as well as stating the obvious.  They contacted you already and invited you to an interview! The interest is there reciprocate it don't question it.