xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

restrict internet user in a workgroup I Have Install Windows 2003 Server

restrict internet user in a workgroupI Have Install Windows 2003 Server

I have 40 system in win xp pro workgroup. I want to give some users to access internet and other to restrict the use of internet in workgroup system. I want to manage it from single system .Please advice me is there any way or software to implement this. I will be greatefull if anybody help me solve this problem.

-question by kudrat

restrict internet user in a workgroup

I Have Install Windows 2003 Server

I have 40 system in win xp pro workgroup. I want to give some users to access internet and other to restrict the use of internet in workgroup system. I want to manage it from single system .Please advice me is there any way or software to implement this. I will be greatefull if anybody help me solve this problem.

-question by kudrat

kudrat,

It sounds like you have a group of 40 computers that are all going through a single Windows 2003 Server machine which is acting as a gateway to the internet. If that is the case, an easy way to stop certain computers from gaining internet access is to simply give all 40 machines static IP addresses. Then, either in your routing table or in your firewall, simply set a rule that packets going to the outside world from certain IP addresses are either dropped / blocked or just redirected into nothing.

This will make it so that any person who gets on those certain machines will be unable to access the internet, but will still have access to the entire intranet. In a business environment, it is usually set for 1 person per machine. So, it should work for the majority of such cases.

Regards,

z.

If you have a server with 2003 server installed the users should be on a domain on a work group. Using the domain Directory Services specify a group for the IDs that are allowed access to the internet and a group that is not. Then your internet access is restricted per user as opposed to being PC dependent.

solution :- restrict internet user in a workgrouprestrict internet user in a workgroup

hi, dear you don't need to configure any thing more, just install a proxy server in your window 2003 server and allow the only ip, you want to allow browse internet and many more thing you can configure through proxy

-reply by dharmendra

How to restrict users in windows 2003 server domain to visit some web sites?restrict internet user in a workgroup

I need to know how to restrict my users to access to some web sites. Can someone tell me is that a active directory adjustment and or something else? And where exactly to enter restricted sites.

-reply by Jivko

I am facing same problem and I try as Mr. Zakaluka explain. But in our server 2003 I can't see in the firewall setting option for  "packets going to the outside world"

Please help me if anyone know how to solve the problem.

Karim P

Restrict Internet access in workgrouprestrict internet user in a workgroup

Sir/Madam,

I am having 40 Computers(Workgroup) in our office, we have Internet bsnl broad band connection through ADSL modem. It's a dail up connection & we have installed in one computer. When I dialed connection rest of other computers are also accessing internet. I want to restrict the connection for some computers & others to access. Are there any Software's or any options to restrict the internet access from server(XP SP2). Can I have a option to restrict the internet access to clients from server itself.

Note: Here I am not having any domain & Server OS.

Kindly help me in this regards. I would glad & appreciate for immediate response.

Regards

NOOR

-reply by Noor Mohammed

Questionrestrict internet user in a workgroup

Please tell me how to built VLAN from 40 computers? What are the configurations used? I have Windows 2003 Server and layer2 switches. 

-question by Tarun Mehrotra

Use Winproxy to solve this proxyrestrict internet user in a workgroup

Hi

I am using Winproxy. It has facility to block specific IP address computer in LAN network.

Enjoy

satyendra

-reply by Satyendra

Hello,I am having 10 Computers(Workgroup) in our office, we have Internet bsnl broad band connection . I want to restrict the connection for some computers & others to access. Are there any Software's or any options to restrict the internet access from server(XP SP2). Can I have a option to restrict the internet access to clients from server itself.Note: Here I am not having any domain & Server OS.Kindly help me in this regards. I would glad & appreciate for immediate response. Regards

restrict the speed of internet user in a workgroup when it is connected through PPPoE.restrict internet user in a workgroupHi
I have a bsnl  broad band internet with speed of 8 mbps. I don't have any sever system. The internet is connected though adsl modem,and the net is shared with switch  for 10 systems, though PPPoE, Is there any Option. Please tell me how to get ride of this problem.

thanks

gopinath                                                                                                    

-question by gopinath

Net surfing restriction of selected site.restrict internet user in a workgroup

hi!

I do have 6 computers connected to the internet without server.

My connection is simply ISP DSL MODEM > Router > Network Switch.

The thing is, how will I block number of website that I want?

Please help...

Jose

-reply by Jose

Net surfing restriction of selected site. by iGuestrestrict internet user in a workgroup

You need to install a Proxy server in any of your machine. I suggest CCProxy. Install this software in any of your machine, then in other systems, open Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings, here you need to give the IP of the pc where CCProxy is installed, use port 808 (this is default port used by CCProxy).

In CCProxy you can use some kind of filters, from which you can restrict website for a particular user also.

If you need more information ask me on my mail id, I will reply you.

-reply by Dhavall