xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Forum Servers

Hello,

It seems after all these members and post's that the forum speed has gone very slow maybe you need to upgrade or get more servers to host the forums.

Is anyelse in the UK?finding the forums slow?

I find the forum a little slow at certain times, although we do have lots of members on it etc. The forum will hopefully be fast soon.

Yes, it does slow down at certain times, may be at the time when scripts update mycents. I have currently disabled viewing of signatures and avatars. Also I got Google Web Accelerator and all I can say is that the rendering and loading time have decreased a lot.

Edited by pasten (see edit history)

Yeah I really do feel something needs to be done about the speed.Even if they just install GZip, That would improve the speed alot!

Even if they just install GZip, That would improve the speed alot!

Ash-Bash, how do you know gzip's not enabled already? :D  Is there any method a visitor can know whether gzip is enabled or not? It would be nice if you could share the method.

It seems that Xisto forum pages render faster in Google Chrome.

Yes, It falls from time to time. I think at the top hours when many people are accessing the website or when the myCents get updated. But it isn't easy to keep it up smoothly with that number of members and for free only.

Ash-Bash, how do you know gzip's not enabled already? Is there any method a visitor can know whether gzip is enabled or not? It would be nice if you could share the method.

It seems that Xisto forum pages render faster in Google Chrome

G-Zip is not enabled because....

1) The forum would not be this slow.

2) It leaves a box at the bottom of all skins saying enabled.

G-Zip is not enabled because....

1) The forum would not be this slow.

It's not a bandwidth or memory issue because when the page does load, it loads quick, like when it would establish a connection quicker before—at least for me it does. Also, G-Zip would only add to the processing due to compressing and decompressing the data. Based on observation and experience, it is safer to conclude that there is a process or processes that are occurring in order to process the script and send the output to the browser that is slowing down the server than it is to conclude that it is a memory or bandwidth issue.

The performance issue has been interesting, as it seems to fluctuate at times: one moment it establishes a connection quick, another moment it either takes forever or just fails.

It's not a bandwidth or memory issue because when the page does load, it loads quick, like when it would establish a connection quicker before—at least for me it does. Also, G-Zip would only add to the processing due to compressing and decompressing the data. Based on observation and experience, it is safer to conclude that there is a process or processes that are occurring in order to process the script and send the output to the browser that is slowing down the server than it is to conclude that it is a memory or bandwidth issue.

The performance issue has been interesting, as it seems to fluctuate at times: one moment it establishes a connection quick, another moment it either takes forever or just fails.

Trust me Gzip would make this whole forum alot quicker, I feel you should try it for a day or so....

Example:

I have seen A forum without G-Zip with 1 million members as slow as hell but still faster than this one... The next day they put it on it could load a topic with over 640 replies in 1-2 seconds.