xisto Community
Baniboy

Baniboy's Extra Blue Theme! Check out my theme for my website and contribute

I'm currently having some problems with wamp, it's just not working. I tried reinstalling but it didn't work. So I'm kinda stuck now...I don't know what to do, any instructions? I even shut down the firewall and tried then but still not working...

I am sorry but it looks terrible. The whole layout is weird, the blue is bad on the eyes and the font is out of touch. Try making it smoother with a background that is a lot less complex, that will be a real bugger loading. The second design you presented was quite a bit better, try getting rid of the 3D header as it makes it look tacky and die down on the ultra blue, it gets pretty *BAM* on the eyes after a while. The buttons are good but the text on the side are pretty ridiculous, the background makes the design look "dirty". The third design is better than both before, it is well layed out, but the background is still a little annoying, you need to leave the gradient blue alone, it is sort of disgusting. The tabs need to have a smoother font on it and you need a nicer style of banner, just to make yourself identifiable out there in the big world of cyber space.

Stop whining and look at this one! I added some new things, stripped it a lil bit, made it softer. Sorry for the short post I'm scared of the damn Xisto servers to get all screwed up again.I realized I don't need a 3D box-like header so I made this one with the good old GIMP. So, I want some opinions, BTW truefusion, the video was very fast, and I couldn't find that panel you had on the right.

post-71342-1237569057_thumb.png

Edited by baniboy (see edit history)

Stop whining and look at this one!
I added some new things, stripped it a lil bit, made it softer. Sorry for the short post I'm scared of the damn Xisto servers to get all screwed up again.
I realized I don't need a 3D box-like header so I made this one with the good old GIMP.

The banner is a whole lot better, indeed; though that grey text border doesn't seem to fit too well. Other than that, the rest that seems a bit off that i'd personally change would be the color of the "splitter" (i.e. the border that separates the banner from the context), the background color of the box where "Linkki" is, and the blue color on the tip of the active tab. I know picking well matching colors isn't exactly an easy job, but if you can master it, then you can make very nice and warm designs.

So, I want some opinions, BTW truefusion, the video was very fast, and I couldn't find that panel you had on the right.

That's because my personalized Blender settings has it on the right. The "factory settings" has it in the bottom. I love how Blender allows me to change the layout around for personal comfort.

The banner is a whole lot better, indeed; though that grey text border doesn't seem to fit too well. Other than that, the rest that seems a bit off that i'd personally change would be the color of the "splitter" (i.e. the border that separates the banner from the context), the background color of the box where "Linkki" is, and the blue color on the tip of the active tab. I know picking well matching colors isn't exactly an easy job, but if you can master it, then you can make very nice and warm designs.

That's because my personalized Blender settings has it on the right. The "factory settings" has it in the bottom. I love how Blender allows me to change the layout around for personal comfort.

Yea I really wrote that thing as quick as I could, I didn't have time to tell that the navigation on the left looks damn ugly :D, I'm trying to find the right colors for it. I'm considering an image background, that would solve the problem. Also, is 79kB of graphics too heavy to load? Is there another format which supports partial transparency but doesn't have such a big filesize? My main problem is the shadow of the banner. BTW browsers have to support that format if there is one...

The grey you mentioned, I tried to make a metal feel and a little glossy. It's currently 5 px from the text itself, I'll try making it thinner and see how it looks.

Thanks for the advice, I'll find the right colors for the navigation thingy. BTW should I go with a light or dark color with the "splitter"?

Well, it's been 6 days, double post is justified? :) Well, I've completely changed the looks. you can look at it and give me an opinion (or many opinions).I think this one is pretty simple, I have to work on the header a little more tho (or is it good just like that? I don't think so...)It aligns to different widths and covers the whole page, so you guys with fullHD screens (if you're there :P ) can view it without a 1000px wide thing in the middle... I've changed the looks of tabs (I'm still using sliding doors method tho).(in the image uploaded, the left navigation bar has the lower button 'hovered')So... if you ignore the header, how does it look like?

post-71342-1238095146_thumb.png

Well, it's been 6 days, double post is justified? :)
Well, I've completely changed the looks. you can look at it and give me an opinion (or many opinions).
I think this one is pretty simple, I have to work on the header a little more tho (or is it good just like that? I don't think so...)
It aligns to different widths and covers the whole page, so you guys with fullHD screens (if you're there :P ) can view it without a 1000px wide thing in the middle... I've changed the looks of tabs (I'm still using sliding doors method tho).
(in the image uploaded, the left navigation bar has the lower button 'hovered')
So... if you ignore the header, how does it look like?

This one looks more interesting: much better. Ignoring the banner, all i'd suggest is add margins to the boxes on the left; they're too close to each other in my opinion. The colors appear to be in harmony. I have nothing else to say.

This one looks more interesting: much better. Ignoring the banner, all i'd suggest is add margins to the boxes on the left; they're too close to each other in my opinion. The colors appear to be in harmony. I have nothing else to say.

Well, I made this new one. I want to know if the header is okay? Or should I take off the reflections?
I surrounded the whole left navigation with a border and had 1 pixel height lines splitting them.

So... what you think about it now?

post-71342-1238168104_thumb.png

Well, I made this new one. I want to know if the header is okay? Or should I take off the reflections?I surrounded the whole left navigation with a border and had 1 pixel height lines splitting them.

So... what you think about it now?

The left navigation fits; that is, it doesn't require any more work on it except perhaps if you are going to apply an eye-candy style to them. As for the banner, it seems like you have a Dodge or Burn layer blend applied to it, which is causing pixelation mostly on the highlight of the text. I believe it is also the cause for the mismatching blue. I normally go with Overlay, but the color should be similar to the ones already used, and since the banner is more in the dark area of the layout, a little shine effect, which shows the light as if reflecting from the top, may be fitting.

The left navigation fits; that is, it doesn't require any more work on it except perhaps if you are going to apply an eye-candy style to them. As for the banner, it seems like you have a Dodge or Burn layer blend applied to it, which is causing pixelation mostly on the highlight of the text. I believe it is also the cause for the mismatching blue. I normally go with Overlay, but the color should be similar to the ones already used, and since the banner is more in the dark area of the layout, a little shine effect, which shows the light as if reflecting from the top, may be fitting.

Well, I made 2 versions of header, one is soft and the other one is ("hard"?). :P

Which one is better? I've also considered making a banner request or something. I think it would look nicer if some professional made this since I seem to suck at logo making. :)

post-71342-1238241164_thumb.png

post-71342-1238241176_thumb.png

EDIT: I'll make a banner request. Thanks for all your help