xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pasten

"your Kontera Account Has Been Denied"

This is the email I recieved today from kontera saying that my account has been denied.

Dear Pasten,Thank you for applying to Kontera.
Unfortunately, your account with Kontera has been denied due to the fact that your site does not meet our publisher guidelines.
If you feel that your site does in fact meet our guidelines or if you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Kontera Publisher Support Team

This is the kontera account which I am using here on Xisto. Actually, I entered dummy website address when I signed up the account. I had around 15$ dollars as of now. The ad data for the past few days has been empty. Why don't they (kontera) know that the account is being used on a distributed ad system. So, before I contact them, is there anything I would need to tell them? Has anybody else recieved this?
Edited by pasten (see edit history)

In order to use kontera on trap you need to use kontera on your own website and so the quickest way to do that is add a couple of weeks worth of content or just make a quick portfolio website and then just resubmit once again to get approve.

Thanks SM. I would be sending them the new website link and add the kontera code also, because I didn't do that previously and that may be the reason for denial of the account.

I can't remember, where did you need to write the domain of your website? I just logged in to my kontera account and I can't change domains or see the one I'm using? As I remember when I signed up, I didn't write anything? OR did I? IF I did then I can't remember what I wrote, but I signed up instantly..Can anyone confirm that the domain needs to be written on sign up? or Where do you wrote it? :?

In my case I was told that its been denied, but not in your case. In the email they sent me thier support email: support[at]kontera[dot]com and told to send the new website to that email.

Regarding your case I just searched thier website and this is what I found: read this. This is what it tells:

To add more websites to Kontera's contextual advertising network, please use the "Help" tab in the Kontera Publisher Center to send us an email with a list of the domains you would like added to your account.
After your sites are approved, the new ad codes (tags) will be created. Once the tags are ready, simply login to your account and select the "ContentLinkâ„¢ Setup" tab to get them.

Please remember that each site must have its own tag.  

Your request will be handled within 3 business days.

You can add more websites, so let the old one be like that only, just add the new one. Also just read this to confirm if your site complies with thier guidelines. Once you get the new code, enter that here in Xisto. That's it.

Edit: Here is the Kontera's Knowledgebase site: http://amobee.com/
Edited by pasten (see edit history)

I can't remember, where did you need to write the domain of your website? I just logged in to my kontera account and I can't change domains or see the one I'm using? As I remember when I signed up, I didn't write anything? OR did I? IF I did then I can't remember what I wrote, but I signed up instantly..
Can anyone confirm that the domain needs to be written on sign up? or Where do you wrote it? :?

I noticed that too. It appears upon sign up that is the only way to add a site without having to contact Kontera. I don't remember typing in my website either, but i can't deny the fact that the sign up page has a field to add a site. As Pasten shows, adding more sites to one's account requires e-mailing Kontera, which implies the same act for wanting to remove sites, although there may not be an article on that in the Help section. But i'm not sure of the benefit of having to go through the hassle of adding more sites. At the same time, i haven't gone through their Help section and similar sections, so perhaps there is some benefit to it. But i wouldn't be inclined to say that not adding more sites would cause your account to be canceled, since the only current way of adding sites is by contacting Kontera.

I personally don't even use Kontera at the site I think I wrote there on the sign up, I only use the code here on the forums of Xisto, but I guess it's alright or is it the answer to that there's no revenue for about 10 days on Kontera, even though impressions exist, so it's working, but not as before.. ;]Thanks for replies, even though a bit off topic. :D

Don't forget pasten if you need any other help just post it here we should all reply soon, Especially SM the spammer :D