xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Raptrex

Is Suse Free?

SuSE 9.1 Personal is free and they do provide you with an ISO.Live Evaluation is just a Live CD (which is a bootable CD that you don't need to install to run SuSE)9.2 Evaluation is like 9.1 SuSE but you must have a DVD burner.xboxrulz

I would get SUSE but it is so damn big. Their release is on a DVD and is over 3GB. I'm assuming it is so huge because it includes open office and other software. What distro is nice and small and doesn't really include too much extra fluff?

Ge thas SUSE or Mandrake Official Power Pack, but they are both big. I donćt know that you can handle something else.Suse 9.2 ProfesionalMandrake 10.1 Power Pack Official

umm.. I can't understand your printing, popac. Yes, you should get the DVD version.It's not that bad actually, you practically get everything from KDE to GNOME to other free software. SuSE is more sophisticated and has less bugs than Mandrake.xboxrulz

Ok, whatever. I was useing Mandrake and it worked fine over a year on my comp, so . . .