xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brandonjbegle

Psp Too Uncustomizeable

Does anyone else think the psp's need to include the ability to run non commercial software without the need to install cfw on them? i see how this could cause the piracy problem when people try to run isos on them, but they are a little too secure. it just doesn't seem like they include enough features.

All in all PSP doesn't want people to be able to install non commercial software on their psp's because it would require Sony to put it on the warranty that they would still fix something if you messed it up. They also don't allow this because it is there way to try and keep people from hacking to much on any of the games because hacking ruins the fun for the people that actually play the game for what it is and not for what it isn't. Also by not letting people put non commercial software on it it makes them un-responsible for what the user does with his or her PSP.

thank you for the insight...and i agree...except that i don't think sony would have to be liable...they could just say "do what you want with it, but if you mess it up your screwed". this would be just like what you do with your pc..if you mess it up YOU are liable.

I think the PSP is fine the way it is. It isn't meant to run third party software, so if you run third party software, you could really screw things up. If you ran to run homebrew apps, use an iPod Touch. There is much less of a chance of the iPod being bricked.