xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
awa202

New To Trap 17 - Some Questions

Hi guys im new here and i was just wondering if someone can help me with a couple of things, i hope these arnt answered elsewhere on the site in the Q&A because i had a look around but i couldnt see anything so anyhowbasically once you have your domain and account what is the process of uploading it? is there like a file manager like 110mb's?also what are the max limits in size for your site activity and how much are you allowed to upload onto your site?i plan to use the site to showcase a university portfolio with some images and embedded youtube videos, but it wont be a huge site full of themdo you think i will be able to do this?thanks very much for your helpAngus

basically once you have your domain and account what is the process of uploading it? is there like a file manager like 110mb's?

You have two main choices: FTP or cPanel's File Manager.

You are given FTP access to your account, along with the ability to create FTP accounts, etc. All you need is an FTP client and you can simply drag and drop files to your web hosting.

The other option is the file manager in cPanel. The cPanel with your hosting has a fully featured and easy to use file manager that works in your web browser, so you can browse your files, upload them, etc.

also what are the max limits in size for your site activity and how much are you allowed to upload onto your site?

This depends on which configuration you get. The more space and bandwidth you want, the more myCENTs you spend for it. The minimum space is 1GB and bandwidth is 10GB, and you can build it up from there to fit your needs.

i plan to use the site to showcase a university portfolio with some images and embedded youtube videos, but it wont be a huge site full of themdo you think i will be able to do this?

An embedded YouTube video doesn't use any space at all, as all the content is hosted by YouTube. The images should be fine. Each image, if at full resolution, would be about 1MB, so you could have about 1000 on your hosting with no problem. Save them at a smaller resolution and you can fit even more of them on your hosting.