xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

I have tried many browsers but Well in my opinion Internet explorer 7 is the most appropriate one ....wel firefox has a problem that some of the web applications don't run on it and I have tried avant ....wel avant is good but it also has some pitfals specally with flashes so Internet explorer 7 is kind of nice one to use !! :D

i like firefox the most and i have tried them all. but for some reason ie is faster when i use gmail. i have no idea why but firefox takes ages and the pages don't load. i also don't like the way firefox handles downloads as there isn't a dialog box like in ie. but firefox is better i think as pages render very quickly and it has cool skins. the only other browser which is as good as firefox is opera. It can display wml pages which is useful for me because i own a wml site. (wml is like html but for mobile phone browsers) but unfortunatley opera is not free and it gives you a banner ad at the top until you pay so firefox wins. And i hope that all the good browsers aren't very popular- then people will make viruses. I don't mind who else has firefox or if nobody does.... just as long as i have it then i dont mind :D even if my signature shows otherwise :(

i definetly like firefox the best, it plays videos the best, has add ons, and is in general more compatable, ie, and safari stink compared to it.... just imo

Between Firefox and Internet Explorer i choose Firefox beacause it is really fast, the tabs works like should work, it is secure and other things. The only "con" i have against firefox is that it takes some pretty time to load.Internet Explorer is really unestable when i open many tabs at time.About Firefox 3, i dont like very much, it has many things i dont use. I only use the browser to "browse the web", not to rank all the pages i visit.Regards

I prefer Firefox for sure. IE is somehow has many security issues. This security terms scare me. Even Microsoft change the UI on IE7, I just don't like it a lot.I'm now checking on Flock, A social networking web browser based on same engine of Firefox. Also, Firefox has tons of add-ons. That will make Firefox so flexible.

Ok, I currently use Firefox 3 because I think it has the most features, security and it is fast! Internet Explorer (Windows)-This is build into Windows when you first turn on your computer. I think it starts up fast, but has a few flaws- which I will reach in a minute. The things that I like are the fact that there is no need to download it and well, it starts up fast. Ok, now the flaws: bad security, updates take forever, slow, non-customizable, and it is slow- did I already mention that?I hate IE. :) out of ;) ;) ;) ;) :D Mozilla Firefox (Most OS's)-Firefox is a browser that requires a very small download and a fast install. It has a lot of add-on functions and it is very easy to use. It has enhanced security features and it's really customizable. It is really fast, and it can be tweaked to become faster. It has easy to use tabs and it loads Java really quickly. It blocks most pop-ups so that I don't have to deal with them. Oh, and another thing, most websites recommend that you view their site in Firefox. So, Firefox displays websites the best. Firefox, as mentioned above, is on most OS's including Solaris- an unknown one that I don't use. Flaws: some websites don't display correctly because they weren't updated, and some add-ons from previous versions won't work. But they can be updated easily. Firefox is a great browser, and I currently use it.I love FF. :D :D :D;) ;) out of ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Firefox is my first choice from my first browsing till now and it may be forever becoz of its qualities and speed. IE never be comparised with firefox. Only 40% qualities of firefox is covered by IE. So, firefox is the best.

Edited by Singh_is_King (see edit history)

Firefox! Why? Because its fast : maybe not fastest web browser, but it's not slow and that speed difference compared with other faster browsers(there is various browsers speed test results published on the web) is only 0,5 - 1 sec. so the simple user should even notice this. Firefox is stable, I often had problem when Opera or IE just hanged while loading a page, firefox has less such type of errors. And greatest thing in firefox it is an Add-ons, the installation of Add-ons is very easy, fast and comfortable. With Add-ons I have everything that opera has(fast dial, new tab button on tab right, tab scope) and much more. I can say that IE is tool to download FireFox :)

Firefox is better than IE that's for sure :)

Firefox will dominate the browsers world in some cases like: *extraordinary useful feature unavailable in other browsers(that's not gonna happen cause FF is opensource..)

- Microsoft adopts FF as default browser for his OS..(that's almost impossible)

- Another OS becomes most used and will have FF as default browser ..(guest Linux is the only option yet)

- Microsoft will build so bad browsers with lots of security problems that people will change the browser..and will choose FF cause it's on 2nd place from most used browsers..

- A BIG company/corporation (like Google) will make available their free services only for FF users..that's kind of illegal action..

Firefox Firefox Firefox!! Like others have said, it is the best browser out there because of the customization abilities. It is open source and we all know that leads to better products. IE is just so plain since we are used to firefox these days. There is no way I can see IE ever being the dominant browser again.

A lot of people would say Internet Explorer because they've never used Firefox, I think Firefox is a lot better because you can add in your own themes and add-ons, something that you can't do with Internet Explorer, the pop-up blocker on Internet Explorer was useless, if you turned it on you couldn't open any links that opened in a new window, and it would still let most pop-ups through.There are some great add-ons that you can get with Firefox, there's ad blockers, sidebars, downloaders, youtube downloaders there's hundreds!I would recommend anyone that uses Internet Explorer to give Firefox a go, it's safer, faster and customizable!

Firefox is wayy faster when it comes to Javascript and it uses a lot less memory compared to Internet Explorer. It has some really great add-ons, a built in pop-up blocker and you can customize it to suit your needs. If you are using IE I would really reccommend switching to Firefox.

Edited by newms (see edit history)

Firefox is the best browser out there right now. It beats its competition is almost all areas. It has the best speed, the best add-ons, the best looking interface. It just has everything.

definitely firefox mahn , it rocks. i have been using it since version 1.0. and i just love it.its so cool , internet explorer totally sucks , with firefox there are somany cool add-ons and excellent themes, its also a bit faster plus it feels more powerful and mighty to surf on firefox than internet explorer.the only catch is the long time it takes when i first start it.

I use both IE and Firefox. Because I am a web developer and I have to make sure the webpages display normally in mainstream browsers.Well, I think IE run faster than firefox in windows platform.