xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
estelleonline

Forums Suggestion Add these categories?

1) Roleplaying-Roleplaying is something that interests a lot of forum users, including me. I would love for there to be a roleplaying section. I like to make characters and make stories with others and stuff on forums. This is traditionally almost always a part of any big forums and I am surprised that it is missing.2)Psychology-I know there is a mental and emotional health category, but I feel there should be a category solely for those seeking advice on the subject of psychology. While im on that note...3)Advice and help. An "ask questions" spot.- This could have several sections. It would have topics that are already there but more advice geared. Just for people seeking answers or wanting to help the afore mentioned. A few would be psychology, weight, dating, etc... But for advice only not telling what happened yesterday or posting informational topics for others to read. questions and answers. that would be the difference.4)Website Bragging-Im not sure if this is already here, but it would be cool to have a forum to brag about your website. There would be ules of course, like only one topic per person, no spamming, be mature, and so on. Just an ideaI think adding these categories would make an awesome forum become ever greater than before. I am sure others would appreciate this as well!Oh and about the advice/questions section... i think that would also keep the other topics more organized by keeping the questions about a topic separate from the discussions and conversations about a topic, dont you think? if you want an intellectual conversation on psychology, you want to find topics for conversation and not sift through all the little questions. But this is just my opinion.Let me know what you think of these please! I am not trying to be damanding or picky, i am just trying to help you guys out a little bit.

Even though I am just a memeber here I have to agree with you. These should be added, there are a lot of us that would love seeing a spot made for role playing. As for what you said of web site bragging? That I feel as what site review is for. I would like seeing if at all possible a spot where people can put a link for our blogs. A lot of us here have one I know. And I bet a lot would like to be able to read them too.

3)Advice and help. An "ask questions" spot.- This could have several sections. It would have topics that are already there but more advice geared. Just for people seeking answers or wanting to help the afore mentioned. A few would be psychology, weight, dating, etc... But for advice only not telling what happened yesterday or posting informational topics for others to read. questions and answers. that would be the difference.

There's a somewhat recently new forum that was added a while ago called Xisto ANSWERS. Although it was originally meant for guests, forum members have been using it. There's also the Questions and Queries forum. The examples you gave of what could go there may be better off in their respective forums.

4)Website Bragging-Im not sure if this is already here, but it would be cool to have a forum to brag about your website. There would be ules of course, like only one topic per person, no spamming, be mature, and so on. Just an idea

It's already here: Website Showcase.

oh okay :D Thank you for clarifying this with me. But I do still think that there should be a role-playing section. And that other guy had a great idea for having a place to post your blog sites for others to read. If there was a role-playing section i would be posting SO much every day. It would be even cooler if there were different categories for the roleplay section like fantasy sci fi, etc.

I definitely agree with you on the psychology section.Really there is nothing else that even compares to psychology, so it does need its own section.In there could be posts relating to mass murders and why they do it, why people act/do the things they do, etc.There would be a lot of enlightenment for those who are ignorant to the whole psychology scene. I learn new things with every class I go to!

I would be SO completely thrilled to have a psychology section. I would be posting there a lot. I am very interested in that subject and I would have things to share... What are your favorite classes? What are your favorite parts of psychology?

1) Roleplaying-Roleplaying is something that interests a lot of forum users, including me. I would love for there to be a roleplaying section. I like to make characters and make stories with others and stuff on forums. This is traditionally almost always a part of any big forums and I am surprised that it is missing.
2)Psychology-I know there is a mental and emotional health category, but I feel there should be a category solely for those seeking advice on the subject of psychology. While im on that note...

3)Advice and help. An "ask questions" spot.- This could have several sections. It would have topics that are already there but more advice geared. Just for people seeking answers or wanting to help the afore mentioned. A few would be psychology, weight, dating, etc... But for advice only not telling what happened yesterday or posting informational topics for others to read. questions and answers. that would be the difference.

4)Website Bragging-Im not sure if this is already here, but it would be cool to have a forum to brag about your website. There would be ules of course, like only one topic per person, no spamming, be mature, and so on. Just an idea

I think adding these categories would make an awesome forum become ever greater than before. I am sure others would appreciate this as well!

Oh and about the advice/questions section... i think that would also keep the other topics more organized by keeping the questions about a topic separate from the discussions and conversations about a topic, dont you think? if you want an intellectual conversation on psychology, you want to find topics for conversation and not sift through all the little questions. But this is just my opinion.

Let me know what you think of these please! I am not trying to be damanding or picky, i am just trying to help you guys out a little bit.

#1 Sadly this is a web hosting forum and not a role playing forum and I doubt you would find any interested parties since most of the members here are designers and programmers.

#2 Well I don't know to many people who know psychology or taking classes in it, but it could be a interesting subject since a lot stuff can be covered in that category.

#3 got several of them already need to look around and you will see them.

#4 got those too Website Review, Website Discussion forums

thanks for the reply... I know about the last two now. But I disagree with the statement that just because most people here are programmers and web designers that they wouldn't be interested in role-play. That is a bit stereotypical. But this is just my opinion and I value yours as well. I am a web designer (not necessarily a programmer i only know html) but I have a broad range of interests and so do others. But that is all I will allow myself to say on that. Thanks for your input on that and I appreciate your evaluation.