xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Waqas ahmed

Crazy Painful Itching All Over Body In Winter

I'm a 24 yr guy and I have this skin itching problem that happens in winter only.It started when I was about 17 and it's been more than 7 painful years ow.Ok so everytime in winter when i am about to do a activity (Boxing, basketball, running, etc..) my skin starts to itch very painfully, its mostly all over my upper body and legs. It is really really painful, it feels like someone is poking me with thousands of needles all over my body. But once I get sweaty it goes away. Sweating makes it go away. And now i have started feeling that the itching attack creates small little white pimple looking things all over my body. Once i get sweaty they go away as well.Lately i noticed it starts even if i m sitting in a classroom. For example when i get confused, or nervouse of something my body start heating up and it ceates the itch andi cant get sweaty in class, so i really have to try my best to annoy it, usually it goes away after couple mins when i cool down. But its not like a one time thing, it haappens to me veytime i m in those kida conditions (nervouse, heatin up etc...) Whch is part of everyday's life.In summer everything is perfectly fine because its easy to get sweaty in summer and you dont really have to do anything to get sweaty. Some one please help,it's been 7 yes now and it feels like i only lived have of that because every winter this thing happends and i cant do activities or go out or anything like that. Even mowing the lawn becomes a problem in winter.

I have similar problem too. In winter my hands are... almost 'red'(well, mostly normal, but it's kinda weird). That might be because I usually I wash my hands and go out to do some cycling. But even if I cut myself a bit or hit my hand at something there's blood. My skin is not elastic and I can't do very much sports. It kinda hurts. Well, maybe my only problem is washing my hands a bit too much, but it has became an addiction. Yesterday I tried some skin care thing, and it became a bit better. I guess the white things are dead 'germ cells', but what do I know. The only solution I can suggest is using some skin care product, or move someplace where it's summer all the time(like I'm planing to :D).

I'm a 24 yr guy and I have this skin itching problem that happens in winter only.It started when I was about 17 and it's been more than 7 painful years ow.

Ok so everytime in winter when i am about to do a activity (Boxing, basketball, running, etc..) my skin starts to itch very painfully, its mostly all over my upper body and legs. It is really really painful, it feels like someone is poking me with thousands of needles all over my body. But once I get sweaty it goes away. Sweating makes it go away. And now i have started feeling that the itching attack creates small little white pimple looking things all over my body. Once i get sweaty they go away as well.

Lately i noticed it starts even if i m sitting in a classroom. For example when i get confused, or nervouse of something my body start heating up and it ceates the itch andi cant get sweaty in class, so i really have to try my best to annoy it, usually it goes away after couple mins when i cool down. But its not like a one time thing, it haappens to me veytime i m in those kida conditions (nervouse, heatin up etc...) Whch is part of everyday's life.

In summer everything is perfectly fine because its easy to get sweaty in summer and you dont really have to do anything to get sweaty. Some one please help,it's been 7 yes now and it feels like i only lived have of that because every winter this thing happends and i cant do activities or go out or anything like that. Even mowing the lawn becomes a problem in winter.

I too suffer from this rash - I mean, the exact same thing (sorry, ackotheadvertiser - your feedback is appreciated, but it is not the same as what Waquas is suffering from). It doesn't occur every winter, oddly enough, but when it does occur my life comes to a crashing halt. I made a post of my own on another message board asking about this condition, for advice or other constructve, helpful feedback. Here is the link to my post -

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/skin-problems/686125-incredibly-random-crippling-itching-condition-any-ideas.html

All I can tell you so far about this crippling condition is that dermatologists have not been very helpful, simply applying lotion will not cure it, and an anti-histimine like Zyrtec won't cure it either (it helps some, but not much). I lived in southern Cali for a year and my skin was just fine there. I also lived in Florida for a year and my skin was perfectly fine there too. There is something about dry, cold, long winters that seem to greatly instigate - even trigger - this condition. Then, once it surfaces, stress/nerves make(s) it a lot worse (hence, the breakouts due to getting nervous or angry).

I'm going to be doing my best to move somewhere with far less harsh winters this summer, as it is pure hell living with this condition, and it is difficult to maintain a social life and professional life when the skin acts up. You also might want to consider relocating, as I have had no luck in finding a proper diagnosis, let alone a cure, and living year to year knowing that the condition can rear its ugly head out of no where is not my idea of living happily. Good luck, and keep me posted on what you learn about this "heat rash."

Needles poking all over my bodyCrazy Painful Itching All Over Body In Winter

Hi Waqas ahmed,

I am 26 years old Living in London, I am suffering from the exact same condition.

I had been having this problem about 10 years ago for several years, and no body really realised what the problem was till I discovered that there are several other friends of mine who have experienced this at some point in there life.

Then I visited a doctor in India and he was very much familiar with this and he gave me a few pills which cured this condition in about 1 week. And I was extremely delighted to get rid of this painful agonizingly frustrating condition.

But Just this year again after spending my last winter in London (which is comparatively a lot colder than India) Its suddenly re appeared. And I have to go through the same hell once again.

I went to my GP over here a couple of times but he has not been able to diagnose anything yet.

The problem I am facing here is as the summers are not all that hot here so I am facing this in the Summers when ever I go out in the sun or do some activity which heats me I go nuts. And as its not that hot so I am not able to sweat and it keeps on happening.

Please some one Help Us if you have a solution to this Bloody*** Problem

Nitin

Crazy Painful Itching All Over Body In WinterCrazy Painful Itching All Over Body In WinterReplying to (G)Nitin AggarwalIt could be some transient thing... Or it could be this new disease that some are calling Morgellons... No-one knows what started it... Some people think it started from genetically modified insects.See http://www.morgellons-sanctum.org/ for more details.God Bless, Mark-reply by Mark

I have the same problem. sweating is the best solution, I think as it  hydrates the skin form inside also. So add  some workout to your routine. Scrubbing and  moisturizer helps but not much specially when the itching is under the skin,

no solution yet.

Sortof answerCrazy Painful Itching All Over Body In Winter

Much like others, I am a male in my early 20s with the same problem.  I just hopped off the tredmill after about 5 minutes to look to see if anyone has yet come up with a solution to this.  Over the years, the most logical explanation I've come across is that it's a delay in pores opening up.  When you first start heating up, your body produces sweat, but the pores haven't opened yet.  This generates pressure and the pain.  Once you're fully sweating, the pores have already opened up, so no more pressure and pain.  I've found a lot of "solutions" that can be just as terrible as the condition.  The most common I've found is to keep a humidifier on while you sleep.  I guess it's to keep you sweating all the time.  The only thing I've found that kinda works is to just push yourself into a full sweat as soon as possible, but that doesn't help during warm showers and nervous sweats.  Hopefully someone has something better.

Aaron

same problem Crazy Painful Itching All Over Body In Winter

I have the same problem. Suddenly it starts and suddenly it goes when my body is wet or cool. When itch it I also found some little white pimples , but they goes after wetting. Need solution.

-reply by Yeamin sufi

Same Thing!Crazy Painful Itching All Over Body In Winter

I just when online to look for a solution for this problem, ugggh. It's absolutely insane, I used to love running and working out and now every time I have to work past this needle feeling I get everywhere. Only happens during the winter, sometimes get it in heated (figuratively speaking) situations. I really hope theirs some sort of answer to this.

-reply by Mike

I have the same problem. Why don't you call your doctor up in India? Whatever he prescribed is probably available online. Then we can all get cured to. A friend of mine caught it too and he went to a tropical environment and it went away. He had 3 days of intense itching when he moved and then it went away.My guess from hours of research is that we have mites. They are microscopic. You can't see them, but they are there. They burrow into your skin. I use a soap with Sea Buckthorn that helps, but doesn't get rid of it. Another thing that helps is Epsom Salt Baths. Take one 2-3 times a week. Don't put more than 1 cup in your bathwater. At a cup and a half it was hard for me to sleep. It upsets the little buggers. They don't like it, but it pulls out the impurities in your skin. And CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. Use plastic bags to store sheets and clothes until wash time. Vaccuum every day and mop. I plan on buy an enzyme type cleaner but can't remember the name off hand. Let me know if it helps or not.One another note, when you have had it for years it can turn into a breathing problem because these bugs will travel into your nose, eyes and ears. I use vaseline to stop them or mentholatum at night.

One of the main causes of the problem reffered in the post (cholinergic urticaria) is stress, especially among teenagers. the solution is meditation. if you become regular in meditation , the problem will not remain longer, it will go away permanently. generally people suffering from this problem have obsessive compulsive disorder as well. the solution is only and only meditation.

I am 48 and I have an exact problem. I suffered this problem for 8 years. I went to several doctors, but none of them could solve my problem. Every winter I get this horrible itch around my whole body, it was like having a ton of needles puncturing my body and head, face etc. Also this happens when I eat spicy or hot foods. At night I could not sleep well because of the heat and itching starts to attack my body. Additionally when the sun comes in contact with my body I start to get hot and itchy. Every day I had this same felling. I could never turn the heat up to 70 degrees or more in my house because of this condition. But then I started taking herbal Protandim. It released me of this annoying itching.

It was a miracle! After I took the herbal Protandim in about a month it gradually stops and now it has completely stopped. I asked my doctor about this herbal and the doctor said it was good and I should keep on taking it, even if this doesn't work it would hurt anyway. I still take one pill per day.

I have experienced this problem and I would like to tell other people how to solve it. You can visit this website http://www.lifevantage.com/ to know about the interesting herbal protandim that is wonderful and it will help you know more about protandim. This medicine wasn't made for this specific situation but it helped me a lot! I hope it helps! :D

Good luck from Alex