xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Conficker Worm Update: We Have Twins

Well it seems Conficker has a twin sister, thought about going twin brother but nah, anyway, it seems the creators of Conficker B decided to do an upgrade every since the Conficker Consortium busted this worm wide open and crack the algorithm that Conficker uses to send and recieve data. Basically the updated worm was created so it could bypass the CC attempts to keep it under control but that is only speculation, since the CC have been buying up domains Conficker has been communicating with.

However, I think this little blurb really is the heart of war on Conficker:

To put things in perspective: There were 297 subroutines in Conficker B; 39 new routines were added in B++ and three existing subroutines were modified, SRI wrote in a report on the new variant. B++ suggests "the malware authors may be seeking new ways to obviate the need for Internet rendezvous points altogether," the report states.

Of course, if that is the case then Conficker will definately become more dangerous, because now it might target any domain and not just the ones it communicates with. It should be a interesting 2009 and odds are it will be Confickers year as it was the Storm Worm's year, its funny its acting like Skynet from Terminator 3 :D.

SOURCE

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker

Wow thank you for that S_M. I have to say I do agree 2009 will be the year of the cornflicker. It has infected so many now, and I feel it has to be the worst virus/worm to date. Now I really understand why there is such a big bounty on the maker of the cornflicker. He or she has infected so many counties. I am just waiting for a Clean and Reboot of the whole WWW.