xisto Community
Veradesigns

Advice:making Own Hosting Computer Help

one question what linux os system is the best one to get i heard red hat is good, but ubuntub is also grate any advice?also im thinking of having to os systems on one computer, just a question also, i think my website wont be much just for at least 20 to 30 people to host my computer, thats about it.
I think there is a kaspersky virus software for linux im thinking of getting it for my hosting, also i will have my computer on all day 24/7 for hosting, with a 1.5 mb internet cox communication internet. decent,
any more advice guys?
So far its been grate help.

Ubuntu is the best, Mostly if you are going to be hosting things ect... But for hosting a website with 20 or 30 people it would be slow + Using a lot of your bandwidth on from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). To host a website on your pc all you want to use that for really to show/share things will about 3-6 friends. Not really ment for uploading a whole website :s.

one question what linux os system is the best one to get i heard red hat is good, but ubuntub is also grate any advice?also im thinking of having to os systems on one computer, just a question also, i think my website wont be much just for at least 20 to 30 people to host my computer, thats about it.
I think there is a kaspersky virus software for linux im thinking of getting it for my hosting, also i will have my computer on all day 24/7 for hosting, with a 1.5 mb internet cox communication internet. decent,
any more advice guys?
So far its been grate help.

@Ash - Ubuntu rules over RH - but Red Hat Enterprise is the BEST server os out there, you can get the desktop version too incase you are not very good with commands.

RHE is around Ł400-Ł500. Expensive i know, but its worth it if you are going all out.

--

Kaspersky i think is only for windows, if there is a linux version then GREAT - but i dont think there are any virus softwares for linux. But i dont think you need virus protection if you are going to host a website just for 20-30 people, since they wont know how to hack, and linux is nearly impossible to hack into without a PHP script.

I dont think there is actually any way to get into a linux system by browsing the web or such, i think they are mainly injected by uploaders.

Ok Red Hat Enterprise is the best But me and many others find it very easy to setup Website or file hosting on it, My friend done it he is so expert on a pc only goes on about once every week and done it in 5 minutes with only help from Youtube :D.

Ubuntu is the best, Mostly if you are going to be hosting things ect... But for hosting a website with 20 or 30 people it would be slow + Using a lot of your bandwidth on from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). To host a website on your pc all you want to use that for really to show/share things will about 3-6 friends. Not really ment for uploading a whole website :s.

@Ash - Ubuntu rules over RH - but Red Hat Enterprise is the BEST server os out there, you can get the desktop version too incase you are not very good with commands.
RHE is around Ł400-Ł500. Expensive i know, but its worth it if you are going all out.

--

Kaspersky i think is only for windows, if there is a linux version then GREAT - but i dont think there are any virus softwares for linux. But i dont think you need virus protection if you are going to host a website just for 20-30 people, since they wont know how to hack, and linux is nearly impossible to hack into without a PHP script.

I dont think there is actually any way to get into a linux system by browsing the web or such, i think they are mainly injected by uploaders.

Ok Red Hat Enterprise is the best But me and many others find it very easy to setup Website or file hosting on it, My friend done it he is so expert on a pc only goes on about once every week and done it in 5 minutes with only help from Youtube :D .

OK SO red hat linux is better wich version cause i think i got all of them hehe, also ubuntub, and kubuntub and i just need help instaling it one other thing is it possible to use vmware to use this hositing that i need or do i need a second partition?
cause what im trying to do im completley new at this by far all i know is youtube thanx to help from ash-bash.

Well yes you will, Unless you have a second hard drive or you can loose all your work just by fresh installing it (I don't recommend)Youtube is a good place to learn how to make a new partition.Hope I helped you out some more :P- Ash :D

Well yes you will, Unless you have a second hard drive or you can loose all your work just by fresh installing it (I don't recommend)
Youtube is a good place to learn how to make a new partition.

Hope I helped you out some more :P

- Ash :D

somewhat it helped
good advice thanks,
also i think i have an 80 gig harddrive hope it helps me do a second hard drive fresh windows lol...but its not sata
its ata different connection..bummer.
any adivece like to these converters exits or something.