xisto Community
princeofvegas

What To Do With A Smart 5 Year Old?

Well, best thing to do If she is talented in school and whatnot is to build her social skills. I see alot of children/teens that are very intelligent but they lack many social skills and don't joi any social activities or groups. I'm 17, I'm not smart or anything [well in computers... :P] and I'm average with social stuff, but many kids around me mirror what is happening to your daughter. Remember to get involved with her in activities or things that she wants to do, keep some discipline but nothing extreme. Like set rules, and also consequences to those rules but never go overboard with punishment. I mean it shouldn't be called punishment, no smacking or physical or verbal abuse. Just try not to argue, reinforce the rules and keep her following them. If she lacks in school work later in life try to remind her that it is important to concentrate in school because you normally only go through with it once. If she is bored in school this is because manily of the work been too easy which then leads to the inevitable. Try to find a good school for her to go to.I guess that is it from me, hope my advice was good ;)

I actually think the best place to put her is with other Gifted and Talented people, as I always find it much more easier to connect with my peers in my age group when they're also Gifted and Talented like me. ;)Find a Gifted and Talented school that only accepted Gifted and Talented children like her if there is one near you or if you can find one. If not, let her join Gifted and Talented programs that are now everywhere around the world... in your nearby university or something, there should be a Gifted and Talented program workshops that are for people like her. Things like that usually lasts for a few days, and they're pretty fun and very educational to go to... they usually teaches from a syllabus that is a few years in advance from the standard law...