xisto Community
galexcd

The Entire Internet Is Malware! (or So Google Thought)

You may have noticed an odd bug hit google if you searched for anything on it a few hours ago. Every site was flagged as malicious (probably some intern uploading the wrong malware.db file :P). Now of course the issue has been fixed since then but I'd expect a large company like google to make sure whatever modifications they make to their system is flawless before bringing it online. I understand that mistakes can be made, but when you're tinkering with the mighty google search that billions use every day you might want to be a bit more careful. Who knows how many google users were unaware of this bug and when searching for a site they occasionally visit were scared off by this malware warning?

Posted Image

Only a temporary bug but I found it amusing none the less.

Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Very odd but crazy hilarious. Google showing that their own sites are malware and can harm your computer. It's like the time when one of my friends accidentally put Google UK offline for like 10 minutes.

Okay 1st off it was NOT my fault I had nothing what so ever to do with it. Maybe it was some of a you know who's spam that caused all of it.

Okay 1st off it was NOT my fault I had nothing what so ever to do with it. Maybe it was some of a you know who's spam that caused all of it.

I don't know about that...
He is good, but not good enough to knock Google off the Interwebz... :P
I wonder if some heads will roll on this on.... good excuse to thin out the crowd over at Google HQ during the recession, maybe?

I don't know about that...
He is good, but not good enough to knock Google off the Interwebz... :P
I wonder if some heads will roll on this on.... good excuse to thin out the crowd over at Google HQ during the recession, maybe?

well you know thoughs rich guys over at google IT they have to have a coffee break sometime. Guess one just spilt some on the wrong keybord

What is the most interesting party about that whole incident is that due to the Malware problem PR rankings got affected big time by this, I think some reports talk about websites losing up to 3 PR ranks. Still it is funny how the almighty google cause the problem internally, luckily they didn't delete large databases worth of websites from there search engines.