xisto Community
ragav.bpl

Are The Words Written In Quotes Counted For rewarding myCents

As the Heading says it all i was in an ambiguity that are the number of words written in quotes counted by the script that provides the myCENT according to the post........

No ragav. The words in the quotes doesn't count for the myCents. Thats why you have to put the material you copied somewhere else or someone else's in quote tags...

Even if the quoted material is your own text completely written by you it will not be counted for myCents.The simple logic is that the quoted material is supposed to be the copied material from some other source or from the previous posts they do not add up to your myCent.Also quoting is a good way to reply to posts as the exact post or material you are replying to is included.However it does increase the server database size , it is a good practice.

Content in Quote tags does not earn myCENTs. This is because you earn myCENTs for new, unique content rather than copying. It is also unfair and rather pointless if everyone started copying stuff to earn myCENTs. This is why it is very important to make sure that anything not written by you specifically for the forums is put inside Quote tags. Otherwise you will have the myCENTs earned for it removed, and a warning put against the account. The same goes for Code tags. You don't earn myCENTs for anything in Code tags.

I think writers should just concentrate on the post and not worry about it.Just like google page rank.. In fact I used to look for ways to improve my google page ranking and nothing seemed to work.. However when I started putting good content my page rank improved drastically. I believe the same applies here. Just good content will always help on the long run. The more you think about mycents only the less you tend to post about useful material. I feel good content would make people participate more and more.. I think if a person sticks in this forum long enough then they will automatically know how the stuff works..