xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rayzoredge

Wireless Electricity With Powermat

Source

CNet Article

It's completely futuristic... and a reality.

I'm actually surprised that no one's mentioned this on Xisto yet. Powermats have been available for a bit now, and I remember them making their debut with the (literal) power mats that you can get to charge your handheld devices. If you watch the video included in the CNet article, you can actually see how amazing this technology is and how adaptive it can be with our high-speed, electronic-ubiquitious lives.

I'm sure that we'll be seeing PowerMat'd walls, desktops, and whatnot available to the average consumer in the near future, but I wonder how much it's going to cost? More importantly, will it be economical enough to consider putting into a house by the time I'm able to afford one? :P

I remember reading an article a few months back about Nikola Tesla, if we'd followed his steps we'd see this type of technology everywhere by now, but instead, we chose Eddison's side to use wired power cables, etc...The only problem I can see with this 'Powermat' is electromagnetic interference. They would need to perfect this before it can be properly, and fully 'integrated' into people's homes...But what if we take this idea and expand on it?So, for example. We might have a single transmitter in the middle of a house sending out electrical power at a certain frequency... And then have all electrical components have a reciever which needs a 'key' of some sort to use the particular frequency, so power will not be stolen... This will revolutionise the Earth...

I remember reading an article a few months back about Nikola Tesla, if we'd followed his steps we'd see this type of technology everywhere by now, but instead, we chose Eddison's side to use wired power cables, etc...
The only problem I can see with this 'Powermat' is electromagnetic interference. They would need to perfect this before it can be properly, and fully 'integrated' into people's homes...

But what if we take this idea and expand on it?

So, for example. We might have a single transmitter in the middle of a house sending out electrical power at a certain frequency... And then have all electrical components have a reciever which needs a 'key' of some sort to use the particular frequency, so power will not be stolen...

This will revolutionise the Earth...

Read it myself too. and as for

So, for example. We might have a single transmitter in the middle of a house sending out electrical power at a certain frequency... And then have all electrical components have a reciever which needs a 'key' of some sort to use the particular frequency, so power will not be stolen...

the power would not be stolen, you could or could sell it back to the power grid. Because you would have to use some sort of power to get it all working in the 1st place. even it was say Solar power. That power would have to come from something. Even Telsa knew this. and if I remember right. I remember someplace that Thomas Alva Edison played around with this idea too.

I plan on getting a Powermat for my desk. It is an incredibly cool product that you simply can't pass up. It makes charging a lot nicer looking for sure. I can't wait until they are actually for sale.

I think is great technology, and it would help alot of people. Imagine what they could use this for? The home and the office use this is great I can't wait to see what else you can do with powermat.

At CES they had a countertop example for the kitchen. It was super cool. There were appliances with the receiver built in and when you put them over a "hot spot" they would have power. You could find hot spots with a LED indicator that lit up over one. That is what I call the future of the kitchen.