xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itcooler

Free Web Based Cron Service With A Timezone Support Web service allowing automatic web script execution in specified time

Hola compadres developers and amigos programmers.. bla..bla

let's cut the bulllshit and get to the point.

one of my biggest problems during the last 6 years was the problem with finding a
reliable online/ i.e. web based cron service which is 1- free, and two has timezones support.

why .. well we all meet the problem when you need to be able to invoke some script at predefined time intervals which
does some db cleaning, or reports generation or invoices making etc..

i have used some of these services out there such as the webbasedcron.com and webcron.org /which has one pretty good SMS feature by the way/, but neither of them offers a timezones support.

In other words here is my problem: the server where my web cron service/script resides is in the US/ colorado/ ,
but i'm in London (UK), and the server of the web cron service provider is on some island in the Carribean.
Now i need to ensure that my script is called at 7:00pm EST related to my hosting server.

Now you see the pain? i was bored making some broing time consuming operations just to realize that i need to set the web cron to be executed in 11am GMT+1 time.

Boring.. boring .. boring..

Now yesterday i discovered a website, which appears to be the first one to offer a timezone support for my web based crons !!

he he, they offer a free 1 year account/with only one cron job .. but../anyway 5 min later i had account set, and my first cron job running.

i felt like in heaven !
my web based cron's heaven in fact!

here we go -getCRON.com

asta luego muchachos..
ciao, aufviderzein..whatever!

Timezone support...Free Web Based Cron Service With A Timezone Support

I realize I'm late to the game here, but there's another option if you're looking to automate a website that you have public access for the files. (And by public, I don't necessarily mean "unprotected", as you can password protect them too).

Cronless has always had correct timezone support, so if you configure your account in the Thailand timezone, it will run at the specified time in Thailand's time.

Cronless.Com

Definitely a great service.

-reply by Cronless