xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
the blonde girl

"Super Size Me..."

Anyone likes to eat *BLEEP*!!! :) No one.. i guess.Well, the body likes what it needs. So eat it and forget about the FAT and stuff. -----> But in a LIMIT!

I like what you said. Straight and simple. haha.

But seriously its not even that big of a problem. If you want to get closer to being obese or having arterial problems that's your problem. Don't blame it on the fast food industry. Of course they have a consumer obligation to provide "healthier" food choices just to keep up with consumer demand and market, but you are the consumer. CONTROL your eating habits.

I eat fast food in moderation. I don't pick the salads and whatever "healthy" choices they have. They all are bad for you. If i wanted to be healthy i would choose Souper Salad or something like that.

Watching the movie didn't make me want to give up fast food but it made me more aware of the food I'm eating. I'm sure if I go through what the guy did in a month or so I would be just like him and probably worse. Plus I'm a student you think i can afford fast food all day. haha. nope!!

Darn. That's one movie I've wanted to see for a long time. I've long outgrown eating out at McD's (or any other fast food joint). Now I just indulge in the stuff every once in a while. Admittedly, there's a lot grease and fat in that kind of food, but as long as you burn it off then it wouldn't do much harm.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with fast food. the problem is with self-control. fast foods wont cause much harm if eaten in moderation or not eaten at all. its only when you over-consume that you get problems like being overweight, hypertension, diabeties and other health complications. fast food may be the cause of many health problems, but who chose to consume them? it doesn't take just 1 Big Mac to kill you xD as long as you consume fast food in moderation, as in only eat it once in a while as a treat or a snack then you'd have little/no problem at all =)

It would be great if simply healthy food tasted good and unhealthy food tasted bad, but since it's not so easy, we have to be responsible

Well if you know how to cook, this can be the opposite.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with fast food. the problem is with self-control

So you're calling the authors of hundreds of books on this topic are crackheads? I'd believe them over you any day. If you're thin, you can eat blubber for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if you wanted to and you wouldn't gain a pound. MCD can't affect all people, but it affects enough.

Well I must say, I'm not a huge fan of eating greasy foods everyday. I don't want to have a massive heart attack when I'm 25, and I'm fat enough naturally as it is. My best friend's dad died recently of a massive heart attack. I'd hate to have that happen to my kids.

welleveryone can buy whatever they feel likebut McDonald short at least try to give better food standardsi mean they always are taking about how good there food is so shouldn't they at least try to make it good like they say it is?

Burgers are not a very intelligent food choice because cattle farming isnt very effective for the soil, you need a large area of id size vegetation that gets stepped and compacted. If you need animal nutrients, pork is way better.But they have done such a strong marketing and perfected their flavor that you must try. It?s so tasty. I have eaten at McDonnalds twice this year, they gave an air drum set as a prize for the happy meal, when I was a kid I wanted this toy so bad. In Super size me movie, did you believe that guy throwing up in his car? I think he did it just to shock. Do you remember what he ate? I think he could have kept it down. His experiment was so unreal, who in fact walks so little and eats so much? I have an idea for a sequel: have a stomach bypass, eat little and do not exercise. (sarcasm)I?m in Brazil. McDonnals have maked up their prices (high) some 5 years ago but kept the same. I don?t know if it was the greese or the prize but I couldnt afford to eat McDonnalds vey often. If I have luch there, I can?t eat a decent dinner or I get fat. When I see McDonnalds trash in any of my acquaintances car I always make a joke because I see McDonnalds as self indulgence food. Nobody on a right mind wll eat there, their *bottom* will get larger for sure.

Although i don't know the details of the the nutrition gained by eating at McDonald's, like most people I would agree its probably not very much at all. For instance the nights I've had McDonald's for dinner i'd wake up the next morning feeling lethargic like i hadn't eaten anything. Due to this reason I try to steer away, always opting for something at home.

I think that it's up to us to decide what's good for ourselves. Its kinda stupid blaming your eyes for what you see and eat.If you're addicted to McDonalds... try to cut down little by little. It will help. Gradually. Ask yourself this, Do I really feel good after I eat fast food? Sure it may be good when you eat it but about 5 minutes later you realize that you dont feel so well. All the grease and oil in your body... its not good for you.McDonald's food quality isnt that good, sometimes when I eat their nuggets it doesn't even smell like nuggets... i can smell some carboard mixed in it, or something else 0o But truly if you watch Super Size Me, it really makes you think twice.Fast food in general is harmless, it depends how much of it you eat. It depends how often you work out or take a jog. Everyone is different.Try limiting fast food to 1-2 times a week. It should be an alternative to 'real' food when you have no choice.Super Size Me changed the way I approached fast food.

I think blaming fast food restaurants is meaning less. They are there to provide you with the fast food. So that you can eat on the go. Its up to you how often you have food in such eatouts. I think its harmless to have food now and then in these restaurants but eating regularly from these restaurants and avoiding healthy food is what makes people fat. So enjoy now and then with your friends and family in these restaurants, but don't don't make it a daily habit. Have healthy food, exercise regularly and remember enjoy the fast food too, but as fast food not your regular food.

I used the book that the documentary was written after in my Childhood Obesity research paper. It's amazing how much money tax payers are burdened with spending on Obesity related health issues. I don't think that we should regulate a company to make them get rid of their "fatty foods". Some people like to indulge themselves in fatty foods from time to time. Some eat it religiously, we cannot and should not tell people what they can and cant' eat. However, I think that nutritional education needs to be stressed from an early age in our schools. It is arguable that the schools job is not to teach children to eat properly that it is the parents responsibility, but I believe school is there to give us foundations of knowledge to form our own conclusions on things. That's just my two cents at least.

McDonald's is in the business to make money. A lot of people like to eat its fast food. Weight gain is an unfortunate effect for most people eating fast food. It takes time and effort to exercise to deal with the weight gain. I guess we should come up with a way to stop weight gain as a result of over-eating. For example, if human body doesn't digest the food as much ...