xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixinno

Google Pack

The Google Pack is one of the most useful things of all tiems. Anytime I get an new computer THe first thing I download is the Google Pack. IT cotnains the most useful programs, such as picasa, spyware docotr and extras like Googel Earth.

Google Chrome Web Browser

Google Earth

Google Toolbar for IE

Norton Security Scan

Spyware Doctor

Google Desktop

Picasa

Google Photos Screensaver

Adobe Reader

Firefox with Google Toolbar

RealPlayer

The pack is really easy to download and doesnt slow a computer at all. THe best thing of all its Free. You are getting applications such as Norton and Spyware Doctor for no cost whatsoever. I would recommend the Google Pack to any one whethe new or existing computer users. And if you dont like it it is just as easy to uninstall. What do other poeple think.

The Google Pack is one of the most useful things of all tiems. Anytime I get an new computer THe first thing I download is the Google Pack. IT cotnains the most useful programs, such as picasa, spyware docotr and extras like Googel Earth.

Google Chrome Web Browser

Google Earth

Google Toolbar for IE

Norton Security Scan

Spyware Doctor

Google Desktop

Picasa

Google Photos Screensaver

Adobe Reader

Firefox with Google Toolbar

RealPlayer

The pack is really easy to download and doesnt slow a computer at all. THe best thing of all its Free. You are getting applications such as Norton and Spyware Doctor for no cost whatsoever. I would recommend the Google Pack to any one whethe new or existing computer users. And if you dont like it it is just as easy to uninstall. What do other poeple think.
well there are a few things that I have to ttally disagree with in that pack,

Norton for one. Its beep. there are much better auntivirus programs that are free on the market than Norton,

Same with the spyware dr. Hence AVG

Screensavers. the one you have in your windos is just a good, and you do not need to download it.

toolbar for IE. more and more people are removing IE for Firfox. another waist of diskspace.

As for slowing your system down? on some older PC it will slow you down. Also if your on a slower conection as some still have. your skype and real payler will not load fully or buffer.

Yeah there are few things that in my opinion are not needed. For example the Spyware Doctor, Chrome Browser (which is just marketing game of Google) and Real Player. Lets get back to Chrome Browser. On this browser is spent a lot of time and it is total missed Google project. First they add it to the index page of Google. It was downloaed for millions times, but not used. Why? Than, they add link on youtube to advert it - miss too... And so on... i can't explain now for Real Player and Spyware Doctor, simply i don't like it.

Yeah there are few things that in my opinion are not needed. For example the Spyware Doctor, Chrome Browser (which is just marketing game of Google) and Real Player. Lets get back to Chrome Browser. On this browser is spent a lot of time and it is total missed Google project. First they add it to the index page of Google. It was downloaed for millions times, but not used. Why? Than, they add link on youtube to advert it - miss too... And so on... i can't explain now for Real Player and Spyware Doctor, simply i don't like it.

And still doesn't work on GNU/Linux or Mac machines too :P
Anyway, Chrome is good because they follow standards and it really isn't much different from Safari (the Apple manufactured browser) except the JS it uses is faster than Safari's.

As for the Google Pack, I used it when I was on Windows, and don't be afraid, because you don't have to install everything that the pack has included, you can easily remove the software from it which you don't need with Google's 'home-made' installer/uninstaller for Google Pack

There is no problem with Google Chrome. I don't use it anymore, but when I did I loved it. It was fast and reliable. Pages never rendered funky in any of my experiences. The fact that it is another one of Google's "forever in beta" projects, is kind of annoying.