xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zeyomie

Star Trek Movies Vs Series Whats your opinion of the new movie and the series?

I just watched the new movie trailer which is due out May 9th. While the trailer looks exciting I'm kinda disturbed about the whole going back to the original series. One of my qualms is the fact the actors look NOTHING like the original actors, The new spock doesn't even look taller then the new kirk. Which has always been the case. Now I plan on seeing the new movie, but I don't think it would be the same. It'll be ruined in a way by this. Some might say much in the way enterprise ruined things for the series.I'm not a die hard fan, but I am a trekkie, I have my collection, I've seen every episode of every series, just about anyway, and I could name most actors by their real name, not all but most. And I've met quite a few in person. I plan on having an objective view when this movie comes out,Anyway, My question is, what do you think of each series and/or movie? Which is your favorite? Which can you not stand? Opinions? Qualms? Rants? Go for it.

Anyway, My question is, what do you think of each series and/or movie? Which is your favorite? Which can you not stand? Opinions? Qualms? Rants?

Well I feel as nothing can ever beat the org series. You can not beat perfection at it's best.
As for the movies? The rath of kon by far was the best. pretty true to the org TV show but with a newer look.
Worst one was the one with the whales.
Edited by Echo_of_thunder (see edit history)

I'm not a trekkie,but I like the first series. There was so much change in all of the startrek movies,from one to another,that the new one doesn't surprise me. I've seen the trailor.It's allright, but they'll never recapture thefeel and magic of the first series. They make a lot of these movies mainlyto satiate the ego of certain directors.

A lot of people prefer the original series, my cousin however seems to take everything into account including the books, we had an argument the other day about the new spock and kirk and when they first met, simply because of the difference between the movies/series, and the books. Either way, he still believes the original is the best as well, I like them all to different degrees, different ways, etc.