xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

cant connect to internet - netgear router provided by aol Moved Home And Now Can't Connect To The Internet

cant connect to internet - netgear router provided by aolMoved Home And Now Can't Connect To The Internet

recently moved back to my parents houseand I cant to seem to connect to the internet. They have a have a netgear router provided by aol. I'm getting perfect connection on the wireless network but still cant get on any sites. Worked fine at my old house and also works fine when connected directly via the ethenet cable. Any help would be gratefully received?

The first thing I would do is reset the router to its factory settings, then log into the admin panel for your router and begin setting up WPA password, Clone the MAC address for the computer the router is connected to, then look for the channel menu and set it to channel 11. Also make sure to upgrade the firmware for the router as well and you would get that file at the Netgear website as well.

Although this guide didn't get specific on what router it is using, but it is used for netgear routers and so it should work for what you need it to do.

Also when your setting up the WPA encryption make sure you have your other computer nearby and that way you can set up the wireless connection based on the WPA you used.

cant connect to internet - netgear router provided by aol

Moved Home And Now Can't Connect To The Internet

recently moved back to my parents houseand I cant to seem to connect to the internet. They have a have a netgear router provided by aol. I'm getting perfect connection on the wireless network but still cant get on any sites. Worked fine at my old house and also works fine when connected directly via the ethenet cable. Any help would be gratefully received?

I would first reset the router for the Factory settings and then reconfigure it (Like SM said)

I would then check your firewalls on the router and on your PC,

After that I would check the Network settings on the computer make sure there is no proxy settings and to make sure that Auto detect is available.