xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
teob

What Is A Good Website?

What do u think a Good Website required?any suggestion ....any detail....just any things u can think of....i mean for myself....structure?...i mean login system...what u can do if u r a member....stuff like that...speed is one the important also....coz there is a website i go to...everything is good except the speed of it...it takes like 2-3 minz to load a page....which is a bit...~.~sticky topics? this is quite hard to think of ....what topics makes it sticky?what kind of topics u think are more likely to be sticky?and also i guess graphic of the website is another factor....look comfortable? even a bussinese website can Cool...even a rock n roll website can look clam and comfort?it is actually quite strange that there are few types of overall style of website...i mean ppl who read the website dun really care sometimes...if there are good information , even the graphic really bad u still go there...so why make it looks good? some personal website...ppl spead long time to make their website look good...however there won't be enough time for the information...i really dunno....the things i was talking about , is for more weighting on personal website...then bussinese one....hope u understand ....so i actually want some suggestions or ideas , anything u think a good website SHOULD contained.....thx

One thing I didn't see in your post is content. One of the most important things to have on your site is lots of content. This will mean users will benefit from viewing your site. Second, content will help you in your search engine rankings as well. As you mentioned in your post load time and speed of the website is important because people don't like to wait.Another thing you should consider is the way your website navigation is going to work. Everything on your site should not be more than 2 clicks away because most people will leave your site if they can't find anything within a couple of clicks.I think the graphics and the fluff on a website is secondary to the 3 things I mentioned above.

Business websites need to be pretty but fast. No one will take you seriously if it doesn't look professional. Just make sure whatever it is your selling or pitching is prominent on the front page and everything else is secondary, like who you are, what you do, how long you've been around. That kind of stuff is really just fluff and for search engine mostly.people just don't carehope this helps!

Your site has to look professional for anyone to even give a crap about it. How you explain it would be good too. You might want to use some graphics, but don't overload it with stuff and lag it down. If it's a personal site though, make it looks entertaining, like they would want to stay at your site and read what you have to say.

hmm... I have learned tons from this topic even though its not mine. But I know alot now and my plans fore my website have changed slitley. So it can become popular. Thansk for the tips guys. Good ones. :P

I would also agree that content needs to be at the top of the list, but it must have content that makes sense and have a connection that makes navigation a breeze. Flash (ie:banners, pop-ups, etc.) should be secondary and it must also make sense...to not have flash just for flash sake. One way to understand these points is to really analyze other websites that are exceptional. Ask yourself what are the positive things about them that you like and things that they could improve on. This will save you time in trial and error because they went through the learning curve....hope this helps,Byrdhouse :P