xisto Community
jlhaslip

Ram Cards And Pricing is this a good deal?

Went to newEgg.com to check out some RAM for the Laptop.

The Laptop is 2 years old, came with a 512 Meg Ram card. About a year ago I added another 512 meg card that a friend had no use for, so I currently have 1 Gig using both slots.

Last time I was in the Bigcity... I priced a 1 Gig card and they wanted $110.00 CDN for the card installed. It sounded pretty good, but, well, with the current economic situation and all, who knows what is going to happen...

However, Newegg has a pair of RAM cards on a special deal this month.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Two 1 Gig cards for $28.99 USD and shipping is around $4.00 USD, so $33.00 plus about 25% exchange, so max $45.00 CDN.

*wait* It gets better... with a $15.00 USD Mail-in rebate... so this upgrade should cost no more than $30.00 CDN... Yippee!!!

Wow! Great value there, I'd say...

Oh! And I have a friend in the USA who will be coming to visit at the end of February, so they can buy them for me and I should have them here by the tail end of February.

I going for this one...

Went to newEgg.com to check out some RAM for the Laptop.

The Laptop is 2 years old, came with a 512 Meg Ram card. About a year ago I added another 512 meg card that a friend had no use for, so I currently have 1 Gig using both slots.

Last time I was in the Bigcity... I priced a 1 Gig card and they wanted $110.00 CDN for the card installed. It sounded pretty good, but, well, with the current economic situation and all, who knows what is going to happen...

However, Newegg has a pair of RAM cards on a special deal this month.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Two 1 Gig cards for $28.99 USD and shipping is around $4.00 USD, so $33.00 plus about 25% exchange, so max $45.00 CDN.

*wait* It gets better... with a $15.00 USD Mail-in rebate... so this upgrade should cost no more than $30.00 CDN... Yippee!!!

Wow! Great value there, I'd say...

Oh! And I have a friend in the USA who will be coming to visit at the end of February, so they can buy them for me and I should have them here by the tail end of February.

I going for this one...

wow that is a heck of a deal. taking a look around there site now. honestly until now I have never heard of them.

always delt with tiger or other online places when I needed a part of something.