xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Google Says Chrome Will Be Forever In Beta

I saw this today and thought to myself interesting, especially after I had downloaded Chrome 2.0 this morning because there had been a beta release to it. However, I didn't think much about the fact I had to do an additional download to get this version because of that channel thing, but after reading this article it all makes sense now. Of course, it is really sad though that google thinks that because it will have several different versions that it has to slap the beta label back on this again. As ofr the new stuff, I like the dock like tabs they did and being able to turn websites into application like shortcut and they mention that user scripts was added but I don't see any reference to it.

However, I feel as though this three different versions of Chrome may have its benefits but only after they start adding extensions to this browser but other then that I think it is kind of pointless until then.

Source

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I saw this today and thought to myself interesting, especially after I had downloaded Chrome 2.0 this morning because there had been a beta release to it. However, I didn't think much about the fact I had to do an additional download to get this version because of that channel thing, but after reading this article it all makes sense now. Of course, it is really sad though that google thinks that because it will have several different versions that it has to slap the beta label back on this again. As ofr the new stuff, I like the dock like tabs they did and being able to turn websites into application like shortcut and they mention that user scripts was added but I don't see any reference to it.

However, I feel as though this three different versions of Chrome may have its benefits but only after they start adding extensions to this browser but other then that I think it is kind of pointless until then.

Source

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

very interesting there. but beta forever? really don't think so myself. Could be that they google, could be looking at a way to mix all 3 into one browser. Myself I kind of hate that idea of adding to it with all the bells and whisles that really are not needed. a good flat rate browser is fine. I use IE FF and Chome, of the 3 I have noticed the GC loades the fastiest here for me using Dialup.

I only hope if they do make them into a all in one browser. they will allow the user to add his or her own add ons. This I feel would keep the loading speed at it's best, also keep the look and easy to use of GC

very interesting there. but beta forever? really don't think so myself. Could be that they google, could be looking at a way to mix all 3 into one browser. Myself I kind of hate that idea of adding to it with all the bells and whisles that really are not needed. a good flat rate browser is fine. I use IE FF and Chome, of the 3 I have noticed the GC loades the fastiest here for me using Dialup.
I only hope if they do make them into a all in one browser. they will allow the user to add his or her own add ons. This I feel would keep the loading speed at it's best, also keep the look and easy to use of GC

Beta doesn't really mean anything. There are many things and programs that have been in beta for a long time, or near forever, yet are perfectly fine like that.

So in terms of it staying in beta, I don't really see how that will influence the changes or anything to it, it's just a "status."

Beta doesn't really mean anything. There are many things and programs that have been in beta for a long time, or near forever, yet are perfectly fine like that.
So in terms of it staying in beta, I don't really see how that will influence the changes or anything to it, it's just a "status."

well rpg after looking around the net since I posted that, I found what you said to be right. so many things have and are still in beta. for that matter even the human race is in bata kina. So in terms of calling it a staus? yes. just a name that puts a thought to it. this program is in beta is it worth it? But many years ago too some of you may remember in the days of VCR's the Betamax. When I hear the term beta that is my 1st thought. maybe that is where it came from. have no idea.