xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ElBandoneonWEbsite

How To Clean Up A Pic Using Photoshop?

Could anyone post the best method to clean a picture, for example I scanned a magazine that was trifolded so it had some marks, tape and then the borders were pretty damaged, i scanned it at 600 dpi, so what I did was I used the healing tool, cloning tool, and blur tool, i used that around the borders and to fix the lines and well it look better after using all that on it, but the thing was that there was a lot of graphics and text and it looked kinda weird after all the clening and well it also took some time, the final product wasn't as good as I would have wanted it to turn out but it was better than the original. Does anyone know any other method or tolls that can be used to clen up images with text bakground and things like that?

Hmm...you can try bluring the picture more. If you still not satisfied with it, you can try a better scanner. I mean don't waste your time fixing a broken picture, you can borrow someone else's better scanner and rescan the picture. There are 2 rules in scanning (my rules), first is the source picture must be clear and smooth, otherwise unwished lining will appear after the scanning. Second is choose a great scanner, without it, it will be useless...So think about it. Sorry if I'm no help, but it will be very difficult fixing a broken picture from scanning, I know, I've tried that and die trying...LoL.Good luck.

Yes. Using a better scanner help. But if really don't have access to a scanner, you can try using (in Adobe Photoshop) a filter effect. Although this may change your picture quite a little, it is better than nothing. At least it adds an artistic sense to your picture. If you like, you can post the picture up and I'll see if I can help you with it. Regards,Shackman

you can use the erase tool or the lasso tool. then you can trace where you want it to be clean...then erase... or use feather... then you can enter the radius of pixels.... =) you can also use some air spray for some effects!!!

use the cloning tool. I can't really explain how it works. just play around with it and you'll figure it out. I use it all the time to get rid of water marks on images and it works like a charm. Now it's a more advanced tool but if you play around enough or look it up on google i'm sure there will be a step by step, with images that will show you how to get rid your lines.If your still having problems then your best bet is to pick another picture, which is a much easier solution.round.trap17.com

I would use the lasso tool to select the wrinkles/torn edges, blur them and them paint over them on with the blackground color. Then select the text areas and apply a sharpen filter.

Could anyone post the best method to clean a picture, for example I scanned a magazine that was trifolded so it had some marks, tape and then the borders were pretty damaged, i scanned it at 600 dpi, so what I did was I used the healing tool, cloning tool, and blur tool, i used that around the borders and to fix the lines and well it look better after using all that on it, but the thing was that there was a lot of graphics and text and it looked kinda weird after all the clening and well it also took some time, the final product wasn't as good as I would have wanted it to turn out but it was better than the original. Does anyone know any other method or tolls that can be used to clen up images with text bakground and things like that?

44336[/snapback]

????[/tab]One of the effective ways of using Photoshop and your scanner is you scan the folded picture in sections. For example, let?s say your tri-folded picture measures 900x400 pixels. And they are folded evenly. Scan the first section (you may over lap on to the second section) about 300x400 pixel. And repeat it twice more. Using your Photoshop software, start with a template of 900x400 and import three scans as three different layers. Using your drag hand and realign them together. If you spot a hard to fix damaged crease, use your cutting tool to eliminate as little as possible. Using your rubbing tool, blend no more than 4 pixels from the original color to the outer edge. This will get rid of your nasty white crease.

[tab]If you don?t have to keep the ?text? integrity, get rid of them and replace it with the background color. For example, you have your text on purple pillow, cut the whole text out and blend the background with the grading purple color. When you want to clean up the edges of your picture (because it?s badly damaged) either crop it to get rid of damaged parts or finger blend (no more than 4~5 pixels) from the original color to outer edge.

Good luck.

(I know this was an old and dusty topic but since recent topics were about Photoshop I thought I?d bring this to an attention)