xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Setting up a NEW HP Pavilion DV5-1235dx Laptop with a WRT310N Linksys Router Having Problems Connecting To The Internet Etc. On Another Laptop

Setting up a NEW HP Pavilion DV5-1235dx Laptop with a WRT310N Linksys RouterHaving Problems Connecting To The Internet Etc. On Another Laptop

Connecting a new laptop to the internetQuestion:  I just bought 2 new HP Pavilion DV5-1235dx laptops and I also bought a WRT310N Linksys wireless router.  I'm trying to set up the laptops to accept an internet connection from the wireless router but for some reason both laptops won't connect.  The first problem is that both laptops when connected directly to the comcast modem by the ethernet cord recognize a connection but when I try to log on to the internet it won't work.  The second problem is installing the wireless router.  Apparently something isn't loading correctly to allow me the ability to have a secure connection.

I would follow the following quides to help you with your problem

Setting up WIFI on your HP Computer

WRT310N Linksys Router Guides

Getting a Linksys Router to work with Comcast

Also you have to remember that N-routers are still new and could be very problematic for some but to make sure to reset your router to default settings then make sure to update the Firmware, add MAC address for each computer, give them seperat IP numbers for stable connections and make sure to select Channel 11. Of course, if all else falls call linksys tech support to help you out.

Could be a related issue, I have an HP Pavillion V5 with an AMD Turion X2 Dual Cor Mobile RM 70. It's about 4 months old and already will not hold a charge or recognise the internal WIFI connection. If it is the same issue HP just copped to it and may or may not have a fix. Check out the write ups on the v6 and v9 on zdnet.

Steve

Hi to everybody,

I need some help... I have an HP Pavilion dv5-1235dx and successfully downgraded from Vista to WinXP Pro. Everything seems to work fine, apart the remote controll device which I cannot get to function.

Please, help me... Do I need to install a separate driver for the remote control device and, if yes, please give me some help where to find it.

Thanking you in advance, Alex