xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

computer not detecting my LG dvd writer System Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

computer not detecting my LG dvd writerSystem Does Not Detect Dvd/cdrom Drive

LG dvd writer not detected

I ve got LG dvd writer which was working fine tillYesterday.My fren had connected his hard disc to my comp and got his OSReinstalled.But after I restarted my comp after setting all theConnections right,I found out that the dvd writer was notDetected.Infact I did burn a dvd after my fren had done with hisFormatting.But now the dvd writer isnt being detected.The dvd trayOpens by the push of that button and when a dvd is inserted there isThis crackling sound.I ve checked the connections and its proper.

Dunno wat to do/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley6.Gif... This is my final sem... Planned to burn lot of dvds ..Pls pls help me out to sort out this problem.

First I be very concerned about that crackling sound as who knows what that could be, most likely a very bad short in the connection. Best way I know how to get your DVD writer to work is to reinstall the drivers or get them updated and before you do that check your BIOS to see if your computer even recognizes that is even connect and if doesn't try the driver installation to see if that will work. Odds are though that you need to call LG support if you bought it separately or PC support if it came with computer for a better answer.However, if reinstalling the drivers don't work, try it on another computer to make sure before getting it replace for a working one.

Also, besides reinstalling or updating the driver, try rolling it back, too. And yea, I would be scared about that noise...Crackling sound from computer = Bad....Is crackling like maybe a disk chipped in side, or a small plastic piece inside the drive broke off or came loose?

I am going to guess that you are getting a "Code 39" Error... I had the same issue and I worked out how to fix it. Please remmember that this is for Vista only. To solve the error, follow the following instructions:a.) Close all programs (including programs in your tray like MSN or Yahoo Messenger)b.) Click on Start and type in Regedit. Click on it and allow it to run as Adminc.) Navigate your way through the following: i) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ii) SYSTEM iii)CurrentControlSet iv) Control v) Class vi) {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}d.) This registry folder contains the DVD/CD information. i) UpperFilters ii) UpperFilters.bak iii) LowerFilters.bak iv) LowerFilterse.) If you can see any of the above keys, right click and delete them.f.) When you have deleted the keys, close regedit and restart your Computer.g.) It should now be fixed, to make sure, go to "My Computer" and you should now see the drive.

Edited by triplebtalk (see edit history)

thanks for the tip triplebtalkcomputer not detecting my LG dvd writer

just to add, that fix posted by triplebtalk also worked for me on my Windows XP Pro 64bit installation.

-reply by vusak