xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deadplayer

Top Free Online Strategy Games

Evony Online: http://www.evony.com/ should also be considered a great game.
Evony is another strategic massively multiplayer online game. It's infamous for its advertising technique: use of spambots to post unsolicited comments to blogs with a backlink. And its use of "sexy" girls on ads. Majority of its players stopped playing it because of these activities.

But if we take their means out of the equation, evony does offer a great gameplay I'm sure any Travian player will enjoy.

I have been playing Evony since it came out, It is great, i agree, but barely anyone has stopped playing it because of said activities.

it was like a rip off of tribal wars. How is it the best? There's Pawngame, Deadfrontier, runescape, etc. Probably could top RTS but not the whole browser based game rank. It also looks extremely kiddish... I honestly hate RTS because they require time and if you really didn't play when the game started, you aren't in the lead

Travian is much better then tribal wars. I've played both. And you can't compare it to runescape,or games like that. It is a completely different type of game. And the other nice thing is that it has many servers always starting at different times, and with different speeds, so you always have the opportunity to start from when the game begins, and not be way behind. People will, though, start late on purpose as a part of the strategy. Keeps you on outskirts of map, you can grow in "piece". Nothing wrong with starting late :). And I love the competitiveness of it. Very intense. Unfortunately I did had to quite though, because as you said, it did require a pretty large amount of time.

The Grid is also much like a browser-based Risk or Travian, but with a smaller player community and very simple and easy to use game interface. It's pretty addicting as well.

Posted Image

Afterwind (http://atwar-game.com/) is a great browser strategy. The scale is world-wide (similar to Risk), but unlike Risk there are cities, dozens of different units and you can move freely to any spot on the map (there's no grid or paths). Up to 20 players can play in one game. Overall, pretty epic.

Posted Image

1. Travian - Travian is a massively multiplayer resource management game where macro management is key to winning. Travian feels like a game of Risk, but with thousands of players online at any given time. With Travian, you will find a game in which MMO staples like fighting, levelling and resource-management sit alongside hanging around, lingering, and generally killing time.

Official site: http://www.travian.com/

Posted Image

2. Ikariam - An online civilization type mmo based on ancient Greece that reminds me a lot of Civilization or Age of Empires except that you can play it in your web browser for free and you don't have to download any software to your computer. It is also a micro-managing game of city expansion, alliances, residents you must keep happy, and resource managing, all in a multiplayer world.

Official site: http://us.ikariam.gameforge.com/

Posted Image

3. Lords Of Evil - Lords of Evil is a browser based MMORPG where players take on the role of a tactician and lead their nation from rags to riches. Play as one of three races; Human, Orc or Demon. Construct castles, barracks and mines to amass enough gold, lumber, and ore to hire soldiers and assemble an army with which to raid other cities. Lords of Evil also features a nifty guild system and an auto levelling system, which allows your character to continue training while you are away.

Official site: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Posted Image

4. Tribal Wars -Tribal Wars is a browser based strategy game where players take control of a small medieval village and build it into a prosperous empire. Harvest lumber, clay and iron and upgrade your villages buildings. Your goal is to lead a medieval village to fame and power. With your help the small village will grow bigger and bigger.

Official site: https://www.tribalwars.net/

Posted Image

5. Conquer Club -Conquer Club is a turn-based strategy game similar to the very popular world domination board game Risk. Opponents engage in combat and the last remaining player wins. The game is played on a map, divided into regions, which are grouped into zones.

Official Website: http://www.conquerclub.com/

Posted Image

6. Battle Dawn -What makes the free strategy game so tasty? It is made entirely out of flash. It is totallly based on strategy, community and skill. Your goal is to ultimately become the strongest leader on earth, supreme to all others. You must learn to use diplomacy, resources and military to aid in your quest for ultimate power. You'll soon discover that greatness can be only achieved through teamwork.

Official Website: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Posted Image

Have an addition?

OGame is a good one.

OGame is a good one.

I've played the above games but recently I started playing Pantheon. An empire building game on Facebook. Thank God it is not a clickfest of collecting little stars, like all Facebook games, but rather a strategy game with great depth. You can of course build/upgrade buildings, research technologies, recruit several types of troops, summon mythical creatures and assemble siege weapons. You also get to have heroes, who can be equipped with armor and weapons and they gain skills and abilities as they level up in the arena. What I liked a lot, is the fact that you get to assign the formation of your armies and you get to see a presentation of army vs army and the heroes duels! So far, I like it a lot! If anyone wants to try it, go ahead at: /pantheon_game/?_fb_noscript=1 and let us know about the procedure.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm throwing this up here for not only strategy buffs, but also Naruto fans. I'm currently working creating "Shinobi World," which will (hopefully) end up being a very in-depth strategy game where players can have multiple villages, multiple ninja, and each ninja can have multiple skills/jutsu. I'm working on incorportating quite a bit into the game so it will have unique features such as random encounters with rogue ninja, the development of a Kekkei Genkai, or even the birth of a new Jinchuriki. The battle system will be turn-based, but there is also going to be a large-scale assault option for players directly attacking other villages...so a fight between 200 ninjas won't be 50 battles of 4v4.

I update my site once or twice a week when I get time, so feel free to stop by and take a look.

I have been playing Evony since it came out, It is great, i agree, but barely anyone has stopped playing it because of said activities.

I agree that evony is a good game, similar to Travian, which I have also played, and have completed a few rounds of Travian. The only thing I don't care for in both games, but especially in Evony, is the destruction that can be caused to your account by someone who is more advanced. I had been playing Evony for weeks, and my village was quite advanced. I got back online one day, maybe 24 hours later, and my village, which had taken me weeks to build up, had not only been destroyed, but also taken over by another person. So basically, weeks of my efforts had been for nothing. I don't have a problem with taking some losses, or losing a battle, but taking over your village overnight with no recourse? No thanks. Sort of took the fun out of it for me after putting hours into the game over time, on a regular daily basis, not just an occasional player. At least in travian, it takes quite a bit of effort, along with multiple attacks, to take over another persons village, and if I'm not mistaken, your main village that you started the game with, can't be taken over.

If you are looking for a game that has raw tactics Ambroid.co.uk is the game to play its browser based, personally I hate games that look more like Cartoons than actual strategic games that test our skills.Every user also gets his ideas implemented in the game if they are popular and possible to implement !

Hi, i want to present you this new browser game and hear your oppinion about it.

It's named Devlings.

SHORT DESCRIPTION

DEVLINGS is a free browser game, a multiplayer strategy game, where you play with the little devils hidden in your life. You can find them in traffic, at the bank, or in your government and everywhere there is trouble. The purpose is to gather them all and clean the country of theese little beings that make things go bad. You may build armies and combat other players or attack public institutions to steal their devlings.

PLOT

We are all surrounded by devlings. Wherever we look, there is a little devil messing things up. Lately, since the financial crisis, their number increased. There are so many little devils now, that even God is very very upset. It was enough for Him to make an earthly trip to a church, in some country, some time ago, to check on humans. He spent ten hours in traffic. "Enough!", God thundered. "It is too much! I have never seen a country more full of little devils as this one. It's time to do something. It's time to get rid of theese devlings", the Creator said, after which he spoke to the people: "He who catches most devlings, will assure a place in heaven! Get those devlings!"

And just like that, humans started to look for and catch the little devils! How many did you catch?

OTHER DETAILS

Developer: aidraci.ro

Release Date: January 1st 2012 (international)

May 5th 2008 (Romania - on http://www.aidraci.ro/ - currently 3000 players)

Type: Massive Multiplayer Online Real Time Strategy

Subscription: Free to play

Character level up: Yes

Items, Artefacts, Potions: Yes (mey be obtained by attacking public institutions)

Quests: Yes

PVP (Player v Player): Yes

Web: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/