xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Bccode Error

This is an error within Windows, but from investigation I have learned it is related to a hardware issue which makes me want to post it here. If I am wrong, please move it to the correct forum :P

On to the problem:

I recently installed XP and ever since I installed it, I have been having periodic system crashes. The given error is :

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF039614 BCP3 : ADBBC820 BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1
After I searched around a bit I found that people with similar errors were having problems with faulty RAM, CPU, or mobo. I was wondering if anybody here could help me figure out the issue as I am not the best with Windows errors (because half of the time they don't make sense). If you need the dump files or anything, I have them too.

A system can become unstable and crash for many reasons. Its not always a hardware faultThe BCCode that you wrote means that your System rebooted because the system could not handle the exception that had occured.Now I am not good at Windows Programming. But may be someone good with it can tell you more as to where the problem is exactly. Its Done by Analyzing the other arguments, BCP1, BCP2 etc. But then I think it could be either of the two possibilities only either one or more of your hardware could be incompatible with Windows XPor You have an improper version of Windows XP :PI'll suggest you reinstall windows from an ORIGINAL disk btw.. what version of windows were you running before this, because from the error code I think its sp3 you are running nowSP3 has some incompatibility issues with certain device drivers.

I ran Vista and Windows 7 before this. And it seems the problem has ceased. I removed the RAM then put it back in and have not encountered a problem. Maybe one of the modules had a bad connection and was causing that problem. But if that was actually the problem, who knows. I will find out if I get another error.I will check to make sure my hardware is compatible with XP. I am pretty sure it is, but I might be wrong. And this is a legitimate install. It is XP Pro from my friend. He upgraded to Vista and wasn't using this anymore.