xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rpgsearcherz

Question About Hosting Upgrades and Downgrades and More

Okay, so I signed up for my hosting, finally(been procrastinating, :)) and I'm ready to move on with creating my site!So I do have a few questions, though.1)About upgrades, can we upgrade more than what's in our package? Meaning, could we upgrade our site to a VPS? I know that we can sign UP to a VPS but could we also have all of our site stuff transferred to it? And would the cost difference be what we pay, or the full VPS cost?(Note : This isn't about a VPS, it was just the first example that came to mind)2)Is it possible to do downgrades the same way, and be credited for the difference as well?3)With these hosts, are we allowed(assuming we don't go over our bandwidth/space) to do video hosting and stuff(like Youtube clones)?I've had some great idea regarding some video hosting sites, but want to ensure that we're allowed to do stuff like that first, :).I think that's all the questions for now. At the moment I'm awaiting my confirmation that my account is set up.Thanks in advance.

1)About upgrades, can we upgrade more than what's in our package? Meaning, could we upgrade our site to a VPS? I know that we can sign UP to a VPS but could we also have all of our site stuff transferred to it? And would the cost difference be what we pay, or the full VPS cost?(Note : This isn't about a VPS, it was just the first example that came to mind)

Yes. Let's say you have enough credit for the VPs package, what you need to do is open a support ticket with Xisto - Support.com. They will then deduct the money from you account, and upgrade your account to VPS. Remember, with VPS if you are not using Cpanel. as that cost extra, then all your data for your site will not transfer over. This only happens when you are using a VPS though, as I recall that is what Velma told me once during a live chat.

2)Is it possible to do downgrades the same way, and be credited for the difference as well?

I don't see why not. Xisto - Support reps are very reasonable. I think they would happily do so for you. Again don't quote me, but I've been with Xisto as a free and paid client, and they have been very nice and reasonable.

3)With these hosts, are we allowed(assuming we don't go over our bandwidth/space) to do video hosting and stuff(like Youtube clones)?

I've had some great idea regarding some video hosting sites, but want to ensure that we're allowed to do stuff like that first, :P.

As long as nothing is against the T.O.S of Xisto hosted sites, that you should be fine. And making sure nothing is illegal as well.

So like said, Xisto is very reasonable, and their services and support is great. You will enjoy them very much :P

Thanks a lot for your reply on this. Although I do appreciate your answers, I am looking for a more solid admin or-so answer, :PIt's nothing negative about you, but I'd rather be 100% confident before I make the various decisions.Regardless, thanks again for your assistance!

Thanks a lot for your reply on this. Although I do appreciate your answers, I am looking for a more solid admin or-so answer, :P
It's nothing negative about you, but I'd rather be 100% confident before I make the various decisions.

Regardless, thanks again for your assistance!

lol, yeah I get what you are saying. But the basis of my whole post was to just tell you how great and reasonable Xisto really is. I was with CH for about 6 months I believe, and Xisto for about 2-3 months on and off. I have never really expereinced this type of good hosting :P

Yeah, they really are a great host. I also thought I got activated already but just noticed that it takes 1-5 days until it's done. Do you happen to know if they go through that process with upgrades and new sites as well, or just our first?Hopefully it'll all be set up and ready for me tomorrow, :P.