xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RandB

Browser Based Online Hacking Simulation Game. Kinda cool and fun.

Stumbled accross this: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ by typing random things into google when I got bored one day. Its a free online hacking simulation game thats cool as. You have your own VPC (virtual players computer) that you have to protect from other players and there VPC's whilst attacking other peoples, or helping them. There are many features including virusing other computers to spam and make reputation and a little money or warez selling viruses to make money and a little reputation. There is DDoSing which is Denial of service attacks but unlike most games that are like this this DDoS is more life like because it stops the victim from being able to use the internet for the period of time it knocks them "offline" for. They have EVTA which is spiking and damges the victims computer's hardware and even knocks of software! There is over 30 npc's and more updates are added everyday, all they need is some more active players! I'll add moer to this later with more detail.

This actually looks pretty interesting. I'm going to give it a try later. It reminds me of the other games...I can't think of the name right now but there were some other hacking games that are actually retail discs. You use those to buy PC's(in-game) and hack other PC's while trying to keep the police off of you(Obviously it's all virtual).Later I'll see how this one compares, :)

Uhh? A little helpBrowser Based Online Hacking Simulation Game.

I'm trying it out, but if I click on anything it just gives me some kind of error message. 

-reply by Catz

VPC-hack is actually a rip off, of an old(2006-2007) game similar to Slavehack called Nethack, it's creator SilverFox gave out the source under the condition of the name and theme not being used.From a strictly out-side-user viewpoint it seems as if VPC-hack is currently down, and will be down for some time.From a coders, and a previous friend to the "developers" of VPChack, the game isn't worth the time to play it, it's horrible code(newly written), the code base is good but with the additions they have made it fails as a game.