xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jrsalve

How To Become Healthy

The "eight glassess of water a day" thing is mentally overwhelming for some people so it rarely gets accomplished if you put it that way. I prefer to have like a little system and little "rules" for people. Like in school, always drink a good amount between your classes. drink water when you wake up, drink water before you go to bed, drink water before and after you excercise, and drink water at your meals. Notice I didnt say a specific amount? i said drink SOME water. You could have your soda too. whatever. but either way you get your eight glassess and it is (to me) less mentally exhausting to think about if you just do these little things. I mean you get thirsty during school anyways right? well wala. There you go.For nutrition foods, if you put it that way, people think its too much commitment or something. So if you say "eat an apple" or "get some of your favorite fruits for snacks" that doesnt sound scary. Its all how you look at it. Just saying. Oh and for easy exercise, take the stairs instead of the elevator, dont park RIGHT in front of the store so you walk, walk faster instead of slowly down the school hallways (you wont be late either... BONUS!) place your alarm clock at the opposite end of the room (sounds lame but trust me) dont just stand around on the escalator walk up it (or for a fun activity that gets good exercise, try going UP the DOWN escalator or vice versa) you could try ddr (dance dance revolution) or wii fit... theres all sorts of ways to look at things that make it better and easier to deal with mentally. its all mental. And for foood, instead of icecream try frozen fruit things. I personally love del monte fruit chillers. they are AMAZINGLY flavorful, have ice cream like texture, soothes the cravings for cold food (which i get often) and they are healthful! just substitute stuff...

Here are some tips to healthy eating:a.you need different nutrients for everyday eating(more than 40), this mean you will need more than one food supply.Daily food can be bread and vegetables and especially fish and other protein containing or rich protein food supplies.b.Concentrate on eating fruits and vegetables.c.Maintan a regular weight, which means you must not be too thin because this increases risk for osteoporosis and similar conditions, also being fat increases risk for diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke..etc.d.Eat often and use reasonable portions, because this helps stomach.e.Eat regularly, because skipping can lead to hunger and result to overeating which can harm your organism.Why should you avoid drinking?- light drinkers have less acute hospitalization than abusers- one to four drinks helps cognitive functions- gastro intestinal problems- hipertension- coronary heart disease- heart attacks- osteoporosis- strokes- ulcer- vision- cancersHealthy working, what to do even if your colleges are not healthy ??- Wash your hands very often , when you go to restroom, before and after eating, when sneezing or when your colleges do that.- Clean your workplace, computer and keyboard as these places contain germs and can reinfect you.-eat breakfast, don't skip this meal, because you will problems during the day and in the future with stomach-Avoid sick people, try to avoid contact with them because they can be contagious-Drink water because it can help you not dehydrate because coffee can do that-take breaks and keep moving around the room as this keeps your body in shape-Take vacations, because they help eliminate stress which contributes to illness-Quit smoking as it causes or is a predisposing factor to an unlimited number of diseases.

For live healthy you need different nutrients for everyday eating(more than 40), this mean you will need more than one food supply.Daily food can be bread and vegetables and especially fish and other protein containing or rich protein food supplies. Maintain a regular weight, which means you must not be too thin because this increases risk for osteoporosis and similar conditions, also being fat increases risk for diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, etc.

The "eight glasses of water a day" is kinda wrong. It's more of like "eight glasses of liquid a day" so that would include milk, juice and soups... Sodas and alcoholic beverage shouldn't be included in the eight glasses because they are hardly healthy.For food, it pays to have a little bit of everything on your plate, go for variety and try to limit your consumption. My dietitian had advised me not to skip on meals and told me that I should eat three meals a day and two snacks in between, so with my schedule, the ideal time to eat are 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3pm and last meal at 6pm. You shouldn't eat three meals worth in one go and eating slowly is good too. And also, you can eat as many green, leafy vegetables as you want in a day, because they're really healthy.Further more, try to cut down on sweets. If you crave for something sweet, go with fruits like mangoes and stuff, because too much sugar is dangerous (and everything we consume turns into sugar in our body).But eating is not the only solution. Japanese are said to be fit because they try to at least do ten thousand steps a day and that's not including going to the gym or doing sports - have a pedometer with you when you walk and see if you do get ten thousand steps in a day (but I'm not one to talk xD I usually have an average of seven thousand steps a day, but I'm always busy at school).Web above me pretty much said what I was planning on telling, so yeah.