xisto Community
mrdee

Is Buying More Hosting Possible?

What I would like to know is:now that the Credit system has changed into MyCents, is it now possible to buy more hosting, eg. an Xisto account or even a second Trap 17 account?The reason I am asking is:I have my website hosted with Trap 17, and I have another one hosted with Qupis.I was told by Xisto - Support that on the MU server, which is used by Qupis, email is disabled to prevent spam.Because of that reason I could never get my email to work properly.That being the case, I would then ask Qupis to delete my account and buy web hosting from Xisto or Trap 17 (if that is possible), so that I can have my site hosted and have reliable email (probably provided by Google) at the same time.(Email is something I definitely need with my websites).Does that possibility exist?I find it far too much hassle to park 2 domains, and host 2 websites on the same hosting package.Please let me know what my options are.Thanks in advance.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

Just like any purchase you would make using one credit card, you can purchase any services listed under your billing page and multiple services as long as you have Account Credit Balance to pay for each invoice.There's no limit on purchasing.You can, subsequently, have multiple domains hosted under one hosting account. This is called add-on service. For more about add-on domains, please see the Hosted Members Area for topics in discussion.

Thank you for your explanation, BufalloHELP.
I have scanned around a bit for further info on Addon domains.
While i know it is possible to have more than one domain on one hosting packet (we have 5 parked and 5 addon domains available), it looks a bit complicated to set up the right folders to point to your different websites.
And, more importantly, if what I read is correct, you don't seem to get separate email for your second domain.
Just to clarify: my 1st domain, hosted on trap 17 is vlaanderen-flandersDOTorgDOTuk, and for that I now have my email through Googlemail as whateverATvlaanderen-flandersDOTorgDOTuk.
My other domain is alanandfrankieDOTcoDOTcc, and I would also like to have email such as sometingATalanandfrankieDOTcoDOTcc.
From the posts I read that does not seem to be possible when you have both domains on one hosting package.
Is that correct?

Also, is there a topic or tutorial (a search did not lead to anything) where I can learn how to put more than one website in different folders, and then being able to find both websites by just typing http://www.mydomain.com/ and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ in the address bar of the browser, without having to do eg. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or something like that.
Please forgive my ignorance, but the matter looks somewhat complicated. :)

Add-on domains can have their own email address and login if you were to use Google Apps as the email client.And yes, you can host multiple domains under one hosting account (unlike Xisto, some hosting providers would not allowing of multiple domains to be hosted under one account) but this is up to account owner's choice. Multiple domains hosted under one hosting account would not be any different from hosting by independent hosting account per domain. To a website visitor, he/she cannot tell the difference. To make things easier to manage you can always go with separate hosting account for each of your domain.And there's nothing to forgive :) It is complicated and complex. A question is better asked than withheld.

Thanls.
I have two further questions now.
I added on my second domain, and it seemed simpler than it looked.
Although, when I try to reach my URL, I get this:

Connection ProblemsSorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

When I type the long URL (A direct reference to the folder and the index.htm file of the second domain) the site appears.
Could it be it has not properly propagated?
I then also took off my addon domain, I had also set the DNS servers to ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com, but before and after I made that change (since qupis seems to use the same dns servers) I now get the following when trying to add on or park my domain again:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 222.122.6.20,222.122.6.21
Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS

servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers

or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the

proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Then my second question about applying for Google Apps for my second domain:
I already have Google Apps for my first domain, but the only possibility I can see is to create a domain alias, but if I have read correctly, the mail is only going to appear in the mailbox of my first domain, without having the proper domain name allocated to it.
Is that the way to do it, and if not, do I just sign up for a second account with Google Apps?

Thanks.

Try setting the Domain Name Servers to ns.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com as per our Shoutbox conversation. Yes, propagation may be the issue. Also, check the SMF configuration information file. Confirm that the files are pointing to the correct Folder, etc.

The problem with the Park Wrapper error seems to be gone now.
However, when I type in the URL wwwDOTalanandfrankieDOTcoDOTcc, I still get this error:

Connection ProblemsSorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Chances are your database was set incorrectly...either check your database name, database password, database permission or database location.Without seeing your cpanel I cannot assume what would be the problem at this point.

You can surely buy anything you like and any number of times you like to buy regardless that you have the money or myCENT present with you....This is a virtual money system and you are restricted to use ur money to use it any way. You can buy the services on the Xisto - Web Hosting any number of times just as you had a credit card and would have buyed something from here.