xisto Community
jlhaslip

Electronic Arts To Downsize Operations By March 2009

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Wow! I never eealized this company was so large and it seems they are actually too large at present.
Nine facilities to close before march 9th, 2009. And what a huge lose for the quarter.

Wishing them well in their program for becoming more profitable.

That's unfortunate , EA have bought out some of the best franchises ever seen. Hope them all the best for the future and I hope they can recover :)

Not concerned at all. Just happy because they will most certainly make less games which means less people poison their minds with FPS and other stupid games and not do something productive on the computer :)

You know I'm kidding, right?

No?

Well now you know :)

edit: Why can't I rate this thread? The stars from which you can do that left from the options drop-down don't show up. :D

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

I find it quite depressing that the economy(?) is getting to where it is. A lot of jobs that were once seen as "highly available" and "secure" no longer are.As for the ? - I don't believe that it has to do as much with the economy as it does the FEAR that the economy was going to go down. I'm not going to poison your thread with the idea behind all of that though, :).

Never liked ea that much just The Sims was something. But i did not like that for how they sould it. Small game at firs just the system and then a lot of addons for sale with the same price as the game. The NFS franchise has gone down the drains and just a lot of fps game that i'm not that much into. Don't even get me started on Spore.

I'm sure EA will continue to develop great games, as they've been doing for a number of years.Many big companies are going through "re-structuring" during this global financial situation that has affected many.As in all cycles, there are ups and downs. I'm sure many companies will re-structure and do better in the years ahead.Best to all!

I'm sure EA will continue to develop great games, as they've been doing for a number of years.
Many big companies are going through "re-structuring" during this global financial situation that has affected many.

As in all cycles, there are ups and downs.

I'm sure many companies will re-structure and do better in the years ahead.

Best to all!

That is a very good point. Although they will be downsizing and firing many people, hopefully they will be smart enough to keep the best workers and get rid of the slackers.

Maybe in the end it will cause higher quality games to be released...But you never know.

It would be nice(since they are now paying many less people on their pay-roll) if they would lower the prices on games as well, :P. But I highly doubt that is going to happen.

Great games?? Unlikely they just know how to market their franchise and get away with sloppy games, trust me if you check out the forums on EA, people there want EA burnt to the ground because of how bad they been getting. I wouldn't be surprise if you see a lot of franchise series stop being produce because of the lack of staff and money to produce them. Its funny though because the only thing not to be affecting by the recession is the gaming industry but alas, when your spending millions on producing one game it does takes it toll, just ask Midway since they are on the verge of shutting down if they don't get back in with some good games.

My only issue with EA has been with their sports games. Every year it's pretty much the same game with different characters in it. There's no real changes/improvements with them(well there are sometimes, but rarely).In their normal games, I've yet to really experience any issues. Obviously some people will enjoy games that others hate, and some people will hate games that others enjoy, so you really can't judge a company based on who likes and who dislikes them.