xisto Community
SavageTaktikz

Bob... Battle of the Browsers

Mozilla Firefox

I use Firefox and it has proven to be the absolute BEST download I have ever made on any computer. It is my first priority and I love it to death. I don't even think of it as Firefox anymore, it's basically part of my computer.

Amazing safety, functionality and plugins. Themes and mods are available, customizable and open source. Firefox gets a 10/10.

Google Chrome

One word - "ugh". Google had a nice end result in mind, a functional organized safe browser however what they ended up with was an awkward, bug ridden browser. Stay Away! 5/10

Internet Explorer

Yes before Firefox this is what I used, and I don't regret it however I.E has not come that long of a way upon close scrutiny. I feel it could be better integrated. It does however have better safety and a better layout than before. Sadly it is not as customizable or anywhere close as Firefox. I.E gets a 7.5/10.

There are many browsers I have not used and here's a list, it would be appreciated if you guys do use them to reply with a review. I will download and try them however. And will post my findings.

AOL Explorer

Flock

Galeon

Maxthon

Mosaic

Opera

Safari

Seamonkey

That is a list of the one's I will download and review. I am also going to create program packs, my own personal selection of the best software in my opinion.

Thanks/

Taktikz

Hmm, I'm surprised that you would give Crhome a 5/10. I've never used it myself, but from those who have I've heard nothing but good news, for the most part. Could you give us more of an explanation on why you didn't like it?

I, too, am surprised you gave it a 5/10. You have to keep in mind it is still in beta and hasn't even been around that long. Firefox is on its third version and has been around for ages.But here is what I think:FireFox:9/10I love the browser. It is very fast and is by far the most customizable. But the interface is not as great as others stock. I also notice that in times of extreme CPU usage, it freezes up while other programs do not. Definitely my main browser for Windows though.Chrome:9/10Beautiful, clean, minimal interface. That is a huge plus for me. Another thing is it looks great with and without Vista Aero. This browser has A LOT of potential. It is still in beta and it beats IE be far (though that is not hard). I have noticed a few problems with it, but nothing that you can't expect with a browser not even in the first full version.Safari:Windows - 8/10Mac - 10/10For Windows, the Safari interface is kind of ugly. I don't really like how Apple forces its design on you, especially when it's a completely different operating system. But Safari scores 100% in Acid 3 tests, so I have to give it credit there. It beats out FF by almost 10%. Safari is definitely a model browser.For Macs, however, Safari is unbeatable. With the 100% compliance and the interface actually fitting in, you simply can't beat it. I have yet to find a browser other than Safari that I want to use in OS X.IE7/10Not quite an epic fail, but it's slowly going there with each new version, oddly enough.That's what I think.

Firefox is my main browser, but Opera is cool, too. Fast, good response time, has some great features. Should give it a go.

I rated this 5/5 because I always want to see what other people think about the internet browsers, but what I didn't like that you rated IE with a 7.5/10?? :)

I'll just rate them for my own reasons, cause I don't like to get into the holy browser wars right now :)

Firefox - 7/101 -- I don't want to get into a war for this but I what I don't like the most is stupid and very low customizable interface (without using extensions).

Google Chrome - N/A -- because it's not available for GNU/Linux and I don't want to try the Codeweavers2 edition.

Opera - 9/10 -- because they constantly change things and it annoys me a lot! But because it's my main browser and I love how it supports standards and copes to the wishes of their users everytime.

Safari - 8/10 -- it could have been lower, but because of the rendering engine - WebKit (and other browsers like Midori which are based on it) I forgive them for the dumbed down3 interface.

Internet Explorer - 0/10 -- if negative numbers could have been counted I would have used them. Microsoft tries, but fails.4

1. It's Firefox guys, not FireFox - lower case f

2. Because I'd like to run it natively and because Google promises a fast release for Linux.

3. Knock, knock. Who's there? The person who doesn't like Macs.

4. Knock, knock. ... Don't tell me you don't like Microsoft too! Well... actually you are right.

I've tried many many browsers out and I think my favourite so far is still Firefox. I'm surprised Chrome only gets 5/10. In fact I heard what you said from alot of people (about how many bugs are in it etc) which stopped me from trying it out but after reading some other reviews on this forum I did and I must say I rate it alot more than 5. I haven't had any major problems with it at all.So my opinion on the browsers is as follows:1) Firefox - I would probably give it a 9 or 10 out of 10. Its quick, loads all my websites properly, very customizable with a very good range of extensions out there, much safer than internet explorer, and overall my favourite :)2) Google Chrome - Recently downloaded this and tried it. I would rate it probably a 7/10. It's only been around for a little while, still has a few bugs and features that I would like missing but overall it is really speedy. It's even faster than Firefox on my computer. The interface is clean and overall it's not bad for a 'start'. Once google develops it further I'm sure it could become a great browser.4) Opera - Also a decent browser, 8/10 for me. I find it pretty similar to firefox actually3) Internet explorer - bad, slow, basically terrible. No longer use it (haven't for about 5 years now... I did trie ie7 when it first came out but switched immediatley back to firefox). 2/10 (only because it actually works... haha)4) Safari - I rarely use macs (I don't own one) but from my limited experience with Safari, it seems like a decent browser. I don't know enough to rate it though.