xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sithslayer

Cannot Connect To Counter Strike Condition Zero Server joining servers

Hey guys, i just got counter strike condition zero and am having problems with it :Well i want to play online with other players, but when i click 'join server' it says it cant 'connect to master server to obtain list of servers'is it because the game cannot connect to the internet? or the firewall is blocking it from connecting?if it is connected, why cant it connect?andis it possible to manually add an i.p address to the game so i can manually join another server's game? if so, could you please infrom me of some server's that do host games?im not used to internet gaming so help is much appreciated.Any reply is gratefully appreciated.

I think the relevant ports are 27000-27015, 27020-27039. Try that first. You may also need to disable your firewall or enable the process (I think it's hl.exe).

If you want to directly connect via an IP address, it may be possible to use the console (hit ` (to the left of 1) - may need to enable in options), and type connect 12.34.56.7:89 replacing the bogus IP:port with the IP:port of the server you wish to join. Since FPS games are heavily dependent on your latency, I can't suggest any servers because I don't know where you are located (and I don't play CS:CZ anyways, so I wouldn't know what's good). It's probably best to get the master server connection up so you can join whichever server you please.

i still cant get the master server up. darned thinghowever, the direct connect method you stated seems to work, but i was unable to find any i.p addresses to connect to. i did find ONE but it was for a counter strike game, not condition zeromy speed is 56k or something like that i guess,if anyone is willing, please let me know any i.p addresses to connect to.and please make sure that it actually works =Pthanks

i still cant get the master server up. darned thinghowever, the direct connect method you stated seems to work, but i was unable to find any i.p addresses to connect to. i did find ONE but it was for a counter strike game, not condition zero
my speed is 56k or something like that i guess,
if anyone is willing, please let me know any i.p addresses to connect to.
and please make sure that it actually works =P

thanks

56k? Dialup? That could be your problem right there. you may have signed on at 56K but your not really at 56k but closer to 45K. I know I sadly have to use dialup quite a bit myself.

um.. its broadband. i think. i dont really understand this internet business unfortunately o.Oall those 56k 45k Bits and Bots, i have no clue. sorry =Panyway, does the speed really matter? and can someone please help me connect to the master server! i really appreciate it.and if this doesnt wok out,any suggestions on any other online games, that dont take up much space, and dont need to high specs to run? i would really like to try playing online with other people. any game is acceptable. so long as its fun =Pim running a pentium 4, windows xp, 1.85ghz um.. 6 year old computer (thats all i know)so i cant play high-end games.thanks.

Problem to connecting multipayer game of counter strike condition zeroCannot Connect To Counter Strike Condition Zero Server

Dears. I have DSL of high speed net about 256kb/Sec. I want to playcounter striike on multiplayer option online game. When I click multiplayer option my window showing updating steam and connecting to network, but after 2 to 3 minutes there is showin network connection detected. Plzzzzzzzzzzzz Help me for this problem, I daily want to solve this problem but thereis same message open. So plzzzzz guide me...

-question by jaleel