xisto Community
sonesay

Phpmyadmin User Problem On Trap17

Hey everyone, I just want to point out a problem I have found with our current hosting setup with cpanel and phpmyadmin. The problem occurs when you try to run some sql in particular a query that imports csv files into a table you have already created. The query will try and execute using your default user name which is 'sonesayi@localhost' for me. I cannot add this user name 'sonesayi@localhost' to that database so what is another way to solve this problem? Additional users i create are always prefixed with 'sonesayi_' so there is no way I can assign the owner of that database to 'sonesayi' so that I can execute my query.

post-45102-1228804529_thumb.png

post-45102-1228804563_thumb.png

Two things to mention.First, the username should be preceded by your Trap Cpanel name followed by an underscore. Generically described as CpanelUserName_DbUserName. Example for myself and a database user named "content" would be jlhaslip_content.Second, the phpmyadmin found here at the Trap has certain differences compared to a default installation. Users are set up via the MySql Wizard instead of phpMyAdmin. Try defining a user in the MySql Wizard instead.*edit*Oops! I see you are using the wizard already.

Yeah it is an annoying problem but I got my file imported. thank fully on Xisto phpmyadmin allows you max upload file size of 51,200 KiB but on my local version I was limited to 2,048 KiB. I had a 4MB file so I had to use sql queries.